PDA

View Full Version : Flight in Bell 205/212

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 10:49
Hello Rotorheads,

Myself and a friend have an ambition to fly a Bell 205/212/UH1 and was hoping someone could point us in the right direction of where this might be possible. Myself I am working on my PPL(H) and have around 75hrs on a few different aircrafts (Robinson R22/44/66, and Bell 209) and my friend is a fully qualified PPL/CPL/FI(H) and has over 1500 hrs on those and more aircraft.

We are based in the UK, but happy to travel more or less anywhere - looking for a flight school or somewhere that has the Bell 205/212/UH1 and happy to spend a couple of hours flying with us - so looking for the equivalent of an introductory flight/dual flight - of course happy to pay going rate! :)

If anyone has any pointers to places that has the aircrafts and that might do dual flights, that would be great appreciated. More than happy to share any experiences as well, and ideally would like to find somewhere to learn more about aircraft and spend time with pilots before flying as well.

Many thanks and wish you all a good weekend
Thomas

Finnrotor.com
16th Jul 2016, 11:10
Talk to Agrarflug Helilift.

Startpage - Agrarflug Helilift : Agrarflug Helilift (http://agrarflug-helilift.com/en/)

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 11:13
Thank you Finnrotor- I will make contact with them!

Much appreciated
Kind regards
THomas

Mustapha Cuppa
16th Jul 2016, 11:58
Try Helicopter Services at Wycombe Air Park.

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 12:16
Many thanks Mustpaha, I will try them as well - we spoke to G-HUEY and their crew, but as far as I could glean its not possible to do pleasure/training flight in the UK at the moment. But again many thanks!

Thomas

Finnrotor.com
16th Jul 2016, 12:52
AFAIK there's only one company operating a 205 in the UK, Helilift Services based in Oxford. You can ask from them, contacts are on their website. I doubt they are an ATO but doesn't hurt to ask...

You can't find anyone better than Agrarflug in Europe.

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 13:33
I have contacted Agrarflug - didnt spot them when searching and very handy! Much appreciated again and will update when things are planned/sorted.

Had seen a few place in US and contacted a few but no replies hence the plead here :)

Again many thanks!
Thomas

newfieboy
16th Jul 2016, 14:23
Try the operators in Canada most companies have mediums, lots 205,212. Fall/autumn be best time, most working this time of year.

SASless
16th Jul 2016, 15:03
Contact Brian Reynolds at Northwest Helicopters in Olympia, Washington....he has a whole stable of Hueys and other neat machines to play with.

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 16:17
Thank you newfieboy and SASless - we have some leads now to Canada, and will also contact Brian Reynolds! At this rate might be able to get first flight in Germany and then a real treat in Canada/US.

Very much appreciate all your help!

Kind regards
Thomas

misterbonkers
16th Jul 2016, 16:58
You don't need to go to an ATO unless you wish to log the hours for a type rating. If you just want a couple of hours training you can do it with anyone who holds the appropriate qualifications on type and that the aircraft is insured accordingly. Try contacting Andy Hutchinson. At northern helicopters (Newcastle airport)

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 17:01
Hi misterbonkers - I was not aware of that, not at all bothered about logging the hours for a type rating. This is purely about wanting to fly a Huey/205/212 nothing else. That was one of the drivers for taking up flying, so purely a "bucket list" kind of flight.

Appreciate the information - learn something new everyday!

All the best
Thomas

Gordy
16th Jul 2016, 17:26
I have a Huey, a 205 and a 212. Based in Northern California--all out on fires right now but if you can wait till October/November I can accommodate. Rates are:
212-- $3700/hour
205-- $3500/hour
Huey-- $2700/hour

All have fast fins, strakes etc

tomgone
16th Jul 2016, 17:28
Gordy - no rush from our side, so that does sound very interesting. Can I PM you my email etc. to pass some details back and forth?

Kind regards
Thomas

Gordy
16th Jul 2016, 21:59
Yep....pm or [email protected] works.

ericferret
16th Jul 2016, 22:21
"You can't find anyone better than Agrarflug in Europe".

I think Klaus Beese would have been delighted to see that comment. One of the nicest men I ever met in 40 years in this business, sadly missed.