PDA

View Full Version : A320 Brake Check

Boyington
14th Jul 2016, 06:28
In the older version of the A320, while taxiing out the PF would call out ' Brake Check' and the normal PM response would be ' Pressure Zero' after verifying the indication in the triple indicator.
In the later versions the PM does not give this call out but only monitors the effectiveness of the brake application. Why is it that the call out is not required in the later versions?

FlightDetent
14th Jul 2016, 07:08
Technical difference in the braking system. When I first flown this "newer" aircraft, our engineers called it "brake-by-wire". The difference is mostly transparent to the pilot.

Another interesting aspect to it is that for NO ANTISKID it is not necessary modulate pressure manually to 1000 psi, system takes care of it.

I always thought that this new braking system is fitted to aircraft with NWS on the Y HYD, I would be happy if somebody better versed could confirm or dispel that.

Stone_cold
14th Jul 2016, 07:34
With the older models , the check is to verify that the green hyd( normal braking) has taken over from the yellow hyd ( parking/altn ) . If the px is not at zero , then the transfer has not taken place . There is a mod in the newer MSNs where this check for transfer of hyd is not necessary .

Small point B , unless your operator does different , the FCTMs I have used indicate that the PF is to monitor brake effectiveness with the later MSNs , not the PM .

FD - It does appear that this mod corresponds with the NWS mod also.

Amadis of Gaul
14th Jul 2016, 11:55
We still have that callout, and our sns are VERY new.

Togue
14th Jul 2016, 11:57
Boyington,

Click the link and read the thread, I think it will help.

http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/536893-320-accumulator-low-pressure-check.html

vilas
14th Jul 2016, 16:10
Boyington
See my reply in the link provided by Togue. I have given the reason there.

Pakehaboy
14th Jul 2016, 16:51
I would agree with vilas,for,me,I still do it out of habit,as soon as she starts rolling,do the brake check,check the accumulater,.......peace of mind !!

Escape Path
14th Jul 2016, 18:18
We have old and new MSNs so we continue to do the check on newer aircraft for standardization across the fleet