PDA

View Full Version : Multi Crew Restriction - OML

Jet A1
10th Jul 2016, 22:01
Looks like I'm keeping my OML forever, does this realistically make me unemployable should I ever wish to move on from my current outfit ?

Anyone moved airlines with an OML ?

bellaolive912
13th Jul 2016, 14:09
Would hate to think so!!

I operate in a 2-crew operation with an OML quite happily. The only restriction is that you cannot operate with another OML pilot to my knowledge.

I would relax about it and concentrate on what many positives/experience/types that you could offer a new multi-crew employer, rather than any restrictions :)

Denti
13th Jul 2016, 16:19
OML cannot fly with another OML and with any pilot of 60 years or older. Systematically the OML puts the holder into the same risk group as 60+ year old pilots.

For someone starting out in the business it is certainly a big minus, as it requires some care in rostering that pilot. If already flying when one gets the OML it usually is not a big issue, apart from the rostering problems, especially in smaller companies.

cavortingcheetah
13th Jul 2016, 18:08
You'll never be alone.

PPRuNeUser0183
24th Jul 2016, 10:23
Denti, is that a company rule or do you have a reference for that please? - I can't find anything in Part-MED AMCs about 2 OMLs unable to fly together.

Mustapha Cuppa
24th Jul 2016, 16:18
From Annex IV to Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011:

MED.B.001(d)(1)(ii) The holder of a medical certificate with an OML shall only operate an aircraft in multi-pilot operations when the other pilot is fully qualified on the relevant type of aircraft, is not subject to an OML and has not attained the age of 60 years.

PPRuNeUser0183
25th Jul 2016, 10:20
Thanks for the quick answer Mustapha

Harriko
16th May 2017, 17:14
Some airlines say that "Valid Class 1 medical without restrictions"

Is there any realistic chances to get employed with OML in medical and with low hours?