PDA

View Full Version : Squadron Leader Percy Beake DFC, RAFVR Retired

ricardian
3rd Jul 2016, 19:28
I wonder if there is anyone living near Bath in Somerset who would like to pay their respects at the funeral of Squadron Leader Percy Beake DFC, RAFVR Retired. He was a Spitfire Pilot with 64 Squadron during the Battle of Britain and later went on to command 193 Squadron(Typhoons)covering the D.Day landings.
The funeral will take place at St Thomas a'Becket Church Widecombe, Bath. at 12 pm on the 21st July. Afterwards at the Haycombe Crematorium and then at Bath Mill Lodge retreat. The family would be pleased to see anyone wishing to attend

tarantonight
3rd Jul 2016, 19:38
I wonder if there is anyone living near Bath in Somerset who would like to pay their respects at the funeral of Squadron Leader Percy Beake DFC, RAFVR Retired. He was a Spitfire Pilot with 64 Squadron during the Battle of Britain and later went on to command 193 Squadron(Typhoons)covering the D.Day landings.
The funeral will take place at St Thomas a'Becket Church Widecombe, Bath. at 12 pm on the 21st July. Afterwards at the Haycombe Crematorium and then at Bath Mill Lodge retreat. The family would be pleased to see anyone wishing to attend

I am not a million miles away and will attend to show my respects if I can.

TN.

EngAl
21st Jul 2016, 12:33
Apparently there is going to be a flypast of a spitfire and a hurricane over Haycombe cemetery at 3 pm.

tarantonight
21st Jul 2016, 12:49
Re the above post:

Events have overtaken me and not able to the funeral, but it has just been mentioned on the local news so hopefully anybody watching close by will be able to pop along.

Regards,

TN.