PDA

View Full Version : Sywell Aero Expo/Heli UK Expo Cup 2016 cancelled

Seaking Susan
29th Jun 2016, 14:01
I've just heard from one of the crews that the helicopter air races have been cancelled??? Does anyone know why?

md 600 driver
30th Jun 2016, 06:00
Here's a copy of a email received yesterday

Dear HCGB Member

We have just, today, been advised by the organisers of Heli UK Expo that this years Air Races have been cancelled by the Sywell Airfield Management. We understand that the Sywell management decided they wanted the competition area for parking, despite having agreed the competition area layout with us months ago.

This in turn means there will be no members pavilion at Heli UK Expo. Entry to the show can still be obtained free of charge via the Club Website.

Apologies for sending this email at such late notice but this surprise development has been beyond our control.
End of email
----------------

Sywell hang you head with shame !!!
People have flown in from places all over Europe ,I hope sywell will recompense the visitors from Russia ,Czech , and other far off places

Things go in threes

Out of Europe
Out of European cup
Out of the helicopter cup

Seaking Susan
30th Jun 2016, 10:57
That's bad, isn't it! Too late for a referendum then??:ugh:

homonculus
30th Jun 2016, 13:38
Not cold feet after the Red Arrows got cancelled from Farnborough then, just a need to unexpectedly park some cars. They must be expected a very successful show!

KNIEVEL77
1st Jul 2016, 19:13
I travelled 500 miles, stayed in a hotel, paid the £20 admission only to find a handful of static display helicopters, it really was a poor show.

Helidogger
2nd Jul 2016, 08:24
Not sure why the Red Arrows cancelling a full display at Farnborough would have anything to do with it, they couldn't perform their display and comply with the CAA requirement re flying over occupied buildings. There is no need for the helicopters in the a competition to do that. Must be something else.

md 600 driver
5th Jul 2016, 20:23
I travelled 500 miles, stayed in a hotel, paid the £20 admission only to find a handful of static display helicopters, it really was a poor show.

If you joined or was a member of the Helicopter club of GB ,you would have got free tickets for all of your party to the event It would even have been cheaper to join than pay the entrance fee if there was 3 and above entrance fees

Helidogger
17th Jul 2016, 19:45
It was a real disappointment to have the helicopter competition cancelled, i understand the decision was forced by a guy called by a guy called Phil Hall, he now presides over Sywell generally creating problems from what I gathered from exhibitors at the show. I asked around about him and he doesn't appear to want to make friends or understand the gravity of CAA dispensation permissions. Now thats a worry!