PDA

View Full Version : A320 One Engine Taxi Out

MD83FO
25th Jun 2016, 15:39
Hello all, I have been combining one engine taxi out with one pack off green operating procedure but has told they can't be combined as the pack off line is not laid out on the one engine taxi procedure.
what do you think?

Amadis of Gaul
25th Jun 2016, 16:34
It's generally best to do as you're told, rather than invent your own procedures. Deliberately operating single pack in Asian heat?

fpuentegomez
25th Jun 2016, 17:17
In my company we combine both procedures.

Check Airman
26th Jun 2016, 06:25
Our SOP is to leave the xbleed valva in auto for SE taxi. One pack seems to cool the cabin quite adequately.

Cough
26th Jun 2016, 08:55
Used to leave X-Bleed at Auto and R pack off, so we get the combination of single eng taxi and then single pack when you start it. Works just fine...

Escape Path
27th Jun 2016, 05:21
We use a combination of what Check Airman and Cough do. We leave the L pack off instead of the right one and x-bleed open until after the second engine is started

FlightDetent
27th Jun 2016, 17:24
How long are the average, err, median taxi times for you guys that are SOP'd to do taxi out OEI ? Just being curious, as over here people would not consider it for durations less than 25 minutes.

I am sure after proper training and some time to settle the drill in, it could become a second nature, myself being quite a fan of OEI taxi in. Yet still, on the outbound find the idea somewhat bitter to swallow on a A32S.

Amadis of Gaul
27th Jun 2016, 23:24
We don't touch the pack switches or the X-bleed switch unless directed by the QRH or the MEL. Frankly, there is enough going on out there without having to come up with one's own "combinations".

Escape Path
3rd Jul 2016, 18:43
How long are the average, err, median taxi times for you guys that are SOP'd to do taxi out OEI ? Just being curious, as over here people would not consider it for durations less than 25 minutes.

I am sure after proper training and some time to settle the drill in, it could become a second nature, myself being quite a fan of OEI taxi in. Yet still, on the outbound find the idea somewhat bitter to swallow on a A32S.

We are encouraged to do it everywhere we can, even with short taxi times (more than 5 minutes it's not considered "short" for that matter). We have a caveat though, we are justified not to do it if for some reason the PIC thinks the workload will increase significantly during taxi (more than normal for a one engine taxi that is)

You're right though, it does become second nature after a while and I always try to take my time to do whole button pressing thingy, i.e. do it cautiously, as you are prone to creating a start failure if you don't do it right.

I'm all up for doing OET out as long as it's done correctly, it's not that difficult either