PDA

View Full Version : Ohh Dear, things are not good in the Austrialian Defense Force

NutLoose
22nd Jun 2016, 15:54
Some nasty shenanigans going on

Royal commission: Defence force recruits forced to rape each other, inquiry told (http://www.smh.com.au/national/royal-commission-into-child-sexual-abuse-defence-force-recruits-forced-to-rape-each-other-20160621-gpo36m.html)

charliegolf
22nd Jun 2016, 16:36
Didn't their big cheese go on telly some years back to decry the other goings on in the ADF? Obviously he can't time travel, but looking at post 2000 issues is not that long ago! I wonder if Ben Roberts-Smith was buggered to 'make him a man'?

A sad read.

CG

Fantome
22nd Jun 2016, 17:17
sorry Nutty not to detract one iota from the seriousness of this story..
but could you be bothered to correct the spelling to read DEFENCE in the title.?
Fred Nurk (unauthorised pedant.)

NutLoose
22nd Jun 2016, 17:55
My apologies, my damned IPad corrects to the American spelling and I never caught it.

Though I do find it rather nitpicking on a global website, where in the eyes of some of the members it is spelt correctly, and it does rather draw one away from the sad state of affairs that some in the ADF have had to suffer.

Fantome
22nd Jun 2016, 18:25
not good enough . . show me a letter from mom

and next time you fly do not go to the bathroom

and forgive this badly off topic habit

(The slow insidious Americanisation of parts of the Australian media
while way off topic is still a serious concern .)

Out Of Trim
22nd Jun 2016, 19:01
Nutloose,

Go to iPad settings, General, Language & Region, set English (UK). :cool:

:ok:

I'm buggered if I can be bothered to read that story though.. :yuk:

NutLoose
22nd Jun 2016, 19:35
Thanks Out of Trim, have changed it, unfortunately they were sadly buggered, it just amazes me what people will actually allow themselves to be forced into, especially when they obviously knew it was wrong.

TLB
23rd Jun 2016, 00:23
Ohh Dear, things are not good in the Austrialian Defence Force

Austrialian ? Another auto-correct problem ?

NutLoose
23rd Jun 2016, 00:37
Bad day at the office, that one sadly is down to me and he missed that one too.

But if that is all you have to worry about then hats off to you, there are some in Australia that have a lot more on their minds.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b9/4b/39/b94b39d58843cfefdcfa2a1c99273a58.jpg

skippedonce
23rd Jun 2016, 20:28
Not that the issue is in any way humorous, but I concur with the man from Canadia.

GlobalNav
23rd Jun 2016, 21:07
(The slow insidious Americanisation of parts of the Australian media
while way off topic is still a serious concern .)

I know. It's just WAY too slow, I just don't know what happened. We will redouble our efforts.