PDA

View Full Version : EK: DU phone deals

lospilotos
21st Jun 2016, 09:51
1. Are the DU deals only available in HQ or can I sign up in any store?

2. Are they good deals?

Hook
21st Jun 2016, 10:24
Have a look at Etisalat too. Go to the EGHQ Atrium office - they have (or at least had) good EK staff deals which are not advertised on their websites.

Aluminium shuffler
21st Jun 2016, 16:51
If they are available in any store, I think you'll struggle to convince the staff of it. Far easier to deal with it in EGHQ where they sell the deals all the time and know the score. As to whether they're good, that is very subjective, but they are considerably cheaper than standard contracts.

Du pay-as-you-go (scratch card, etc) doesn't work abroad except receiving texts. There are separate credit lines for national calls, data, international calls and "more credit", but all of these are cancelled after 30 days except the standard call credit, so the others cost a lot over the year even if you don't use them. You can change the company issued sim to a contract. I find the 100AED/month is quite ample, though you still get charges extra abroad for roaming at 1aed per text (you will get plenty from Du and your bank) using a previously owned phone, but at least it works abroad.

scandistralian
24th Jun 2016, 03:46
I am with DU and use the easy roaming social package. For 90dhs/30 days you get 150mb of data on partner networks to use whatsapp/email etc. to stay in touch while you are travelling, it also works with google maps which is handy.