PDA

View Full Version : A320 overflow ecam

Speedwinner
20th Jun 2016, 05:25
Hello guys,

Can somebody tell where I can read the exact wording of the ecam overflow in the fctm? Is it pm : clear? Not sure about that
And couldn't find the reference

Thanks

Sw

mcdhu
20th Jun 2016, 11:01
That's a really good question which is not answered anywhere in the manuals.
In the absence of any official guidance, I teach the guys to use the standard words as per FCTM OP-040 ECAM e.g. "Clear Engine?" although that is not strictly what they are doing.
I'm sure other guys will come up with other suggestions which are just as effective.

Cheers
mcdhu

Togue
20th Jun 2016, 12:08
Abnormal and emergency call outs ( FCOM PRO-NOR-SOP-90 P 5/10, 12 May 16 ) and ECAM Handling ( FCTM OP-040 P 4/10, 22 MAR 16 ).

Hope it helps.

FlightDetent
20th Jun 2016, 22:21
Is there a way to pull out the overflow lines without clearing the system? I think I was trained to do so, but the knowledge got buried somehow.

Speedwinner
21st Jun 2016, 05:41
Don't think so. I can't figure out the overflow. In my books it's not mentioned. Any hints on that?

Goldenrivett
21st Jun 2016, 10:21
Hi FlightDetent,
Is there a way to pull out the overflow lines without clearing the system?
If you think of reading ECAM like trying to read a newspaper through a letter box, then you'll have a better idea how to manage it.

If the number of blue action lines in a procedure (or amber lines on Status page) exceeds the space allowed, then it will show a green overflow arrow. When you've read the bottom line of the page ask "Clear Overflow?" or "Next Page?" and one press of the clear button will take you to page 2 of the same procedure (Status).

FlightDetent
21st Jun 2016, 12:31
GR, thanks. I have a gut feeling - probably wrong - you actually could call the overflowed part without CLR-ing the upper one. Your calls make no sense, not that I can suggest better ones though!

Goldenrivett
21st Jun 2016, 13:43
I have a gut feeling - probably wrong - you actually could call the overflowed part without CLR-ing the upper one.

Please see: http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/A320-Indicating_and_Recording_Systems.pdf
1.31.15. P2.
http://www.blackholes.org.uk/PP/Overflow.png

When you do it in the sim, you get to see the "next page".