PDA

View Full Version : Visicover insurance.

jeepys
9th Jun 2016, 06:35
Has anyone heard of visicover insurance for their aircraft?
I ask as they gave me an extremely good quote, almost half what the current policy is with the major player.
Either it's too good to be true and somewhere in the small print they can wriggle out of any claim or the current provider has been enjoying inflated premiums for years.

GoodGrief
9th Jun 2016, 06:51
Well, how much do you pay to the big player,percentage-wise ?
3% of hull value would be a good start.
If your bird has a value of 1M pounds your premium shouldn't be much over 30k.

muffin
9th Jun 2016, 07:37
I moved my helicopter insurance to them 2 years ago. They are extremely responsive and their service is excellent. They have gained a very good reputation in the fixed wing market and several people have reported good experience when making a claim.

Heli Fat
9th Jun 2016, 11:43
It's all well and good but I'm no Insurance expert and wouldn't know what cover I need and don't need when entering the info online.

wouldn't want them to wriggle out because I forgot to click a button.

parabellum
9th Jun 2016, 19:16
Heli Fat - That is what insurance brokers are for. The broker gets paid by the underwriter but works for you, a strange set up, perhaps, but it has been like this for years. A broker has a duty of responsibility to you if you place your business through him.

Heli Fat
10th Jun 2016, 08:01
parabellum - That is exactly my point!

bvgs
25th Jun 2016, 11:39
I have used them and found them to be first class. There's no way you could forget to click a button as everything is summarised at the end. Speak to Bib Bevan who runs it here in the UK. Great guy and very helpful. Beat my quote against Haywards by a long shot.

Colibri49
25th Jun 2016, 12:35
"They have gained a very good reputation in the fixed wing market". Yes they have and they quote about 10 - 15% lower than the other brokers for similar protection, presumably because they can save costs by having their service on-line.

Their website is quite user friendly and you can make changes to all sorts of factors, like number of pilots and their experience levels, level of cover required, uses, the list just goes on. Each time you make a change, you can easily see how the final premium gets altered. It could almost seem like a bit of fun, experimenting with all the variables!

So far I've seen no complaints about them in the fixed-wing arena.