PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Interview

studio5400
5th Jun 2016, 07:08
Good day guys,

First of all,this is not a thread about Emirates.I read all about this.Thank you for sharing.
I am going for the interview in July.I am a turbo-prop(ATR) pilot with more than 2700h.
My question for you.I want to prepare for the sim session.Should i look for a 777 simualtor or a 737 simualtor will do the trick?

Thank you1

fatbus
5th Jun 2016, 08:01
You could end up doing your assessment on the 380

studio5400
5th Jun 2016, 08:22
i know,but low chance.Every turboprop pilot i know had the sim on 777.

Pistonprop
5th Jun 2016, 09:35
It might help if you post in the appropriate forum!

jack schidt
5th Jun 2016, 09:57
Not trying to be rude BUT, don't be lazy here and go look in the Middle East Forum. There are plenty of posts with all the information you need already in there.

Sadly, this is the state of pilot recruitment EK is targeting as the pool is very low and almost dry. I apologise, but anyone who has the cheek and lack of effort and foresight to do their homework and just post in the main forum is just lazy and........

Come to the ME, the desperation to fill the expansion is really showing.

J

5th Jun 2016, 13:40
Actually, Jack, that was a bit rude...
(Much as I have to agree!)

efatnas
5th Jun 2016, 14:04
Jack sounds like a lot of fun to fly with.

Akrapovic
5th Jun 2016, 16:05
Sounds like Jack is part of that 'desperation' :rolleyes:

donpizmeov
5th Jun 2016, 16:13
No Jack just has to sit next to these guys when they finish training. He has a valid point.

Akrapovic
5th Jun 2016, 16:32
What is the point then?

Not being 'forum savvy' is somehow and indicator as to the quality of a candidate?

If anything he is doing his homework by posting on here. Ok, hasn't got quite the right forum, but I wouldn't write him off so soon!

ManaAdaSystem
5th Jun 2016, 17:43
EK posts started as a small part of the ME forum.
Like a virus they spread and now dominate that little corner of PPRuNe.
They need more space, so R & N is naturally the next step.

Stand by for an abundance of "I swear I'm going to leave EK" posts by the same posters who have been saying the same for what, 10 years or so.
The rest will be "Don't come to EK" posts with a scattering of "You are all idiots for considering EK" and "Read the 500 page EK thread before you dare to ask questions".

I can't wait!

jack schidt
5th Jun 2016, 17:49
My above post was hinting at the poster doing a little homework to find the right forum and seek all the knowledge he/she requires already written there. Instead, people seem to want to take the easy (lazy) option and make others do the work for them by replying to an EK recruitment post in the main forum.

For an ATR driver to consider going to helm 777s (the light twin) or the A380 then I have a question. As displayed by the original poster, is this the right attitude of a potential candidate to undertake such a massive transition with global operations being part of the challenges ahead? Or, as is being expected, are the current "experienced" pilots in the ME being leant on too much?

Oh boy, where did BadManas pop up from?

Safe flying

J

ManaAdaSystem
5th Jun 2016, 18:16
I have been here all the time, but Robbie with his Irish toenails have decided you lot are too delicate, and it's detrimental to EK flight safety to let me into the ME forum. I'm not sure if has been two or three years now, it's clearly an open ended sentence.
BTW, it's been a while but I did in my time graduate from a TP to a widebody, global operation. The worst part of that transition was going from actual active flying, to endless hours of WB boredom.
One aircraft or another, it's just a piece of kit to operate. We are pilots. Train us and we can fly anything.

donpizmeov
5th Jun 2016, 18:29
You're on the 737 aren't you mas?

ManaAdaSystem
5th Jun 2016, 18:49
Yes. Jetlag is not something only EK pilots suffer from.
I've done it all. Short, medium and longhaul.

studio5400
5th Jun 2016, 19:49
Jack I read all the info about Emirates here.I couldn't find an answer for my question.I thought this forum is to help each other.Instead you have a superior and judgmental attitude.I am not lazy but for such a simple question I thought it's better to prepare myself for the interview then to look in the whole Middle East forum.Why you are so full of hate?i did a mistake,it's only my second post in more than 8 years, and for this you described me as lazy and ...To your information I fly a lot for my company,dealing with some family issue and study for the interview.I am sorry I didn't spent all night,looking for an answer to this question.I am sorry I thought you guys can help me.You could have pass my question if it bothered you so much.A mature and educate man never have an opinion about someone without knowing him,especially after a post on an internet site.Hopefully I will not meet your kind of people at Emirates.
Safe flying and sorry for my mistake.

ManaAdaSystem
5th Jun 2016, 20:14
Don't worry, studio5400, but you are in the wrong place.
The ME forum is the correct place for your questions, just don't expect too many friendly answers. The EK guys are given free hands to attack or bully any new pilots who ask questions.

efatnas
5th Jun 2016, 21:12
Emirates is not a very friendly place. I know a few who went but I don't really know anybody who is happy there; very authority driven place I think. Not much humor really, but then it could be China.........

Battle Star Galatica
6th Jun 2016, 00:23
What if he didnt post on a particular thread? Probably he didnt find the answer he was looking for. or he is looking for a recent experience someone had.
It does not make one less hardworking .

How can some one say post on 'this' or 'that' forum as if all the answers are readily available.

Just reply if you have any updated info. Forums are to help each other by sharing information if you 'Have' it.

Battle Star Galatica
6th Jun 2016, 00:25
Studio5400

BTW one of the pilots I know did in the 777 at Boeing center in Miami. But it depends on the location though. Hope it helps.

Good luck!!

Outatowner
6th Jun 2016, 01:09
Jack's right and it's typical of the so-called "spiky haired" Gen Y many of whom now grace the RHSs at EK and are a pain in the arse to sit next to for endless hours.

MASS was rejected at the sim stage back quite some years ago when the standard was higher. The standard of his namesake was just too low then but, ironically, a look at the seniority list shows his ex-colleagues are rolling up in droves now the minimum standard has been lowered enough. The place has gone to the dogs. At least TCK (inadvertently) had a standard when it came to recruitment. Jesus I cannot believe I said that.

Not having MASS's broken record playing in the ME forum has been relaxing but, still, there's something sad about a village losing its idiot isn't there...

Outatowner
6th Jun 2016, 01:15
Jack sounds like a lot of fun to fly with.
Bottom feeders who resort to this, the lowest and most banal of the mindless comebacks, display the absolute minimal amount of thought required to post a comment in this forum. Probably Gen Y again.

You don't know Jack, Brother.

pylet
6th Jun 2016, 08:45
Studio5400,

Take a lot of the previous responses to your question on the chin, as you would from any member who has posted 100's or 1000's of times on this site.

All the best with the EK process mate. A 777 sim would be ideal but a 737 would do the job too is it's a case of $$$ or location.

studio5400
6th Jun 2016, 20:54
Thank you.I will book a session on 737.All the best!

ryanb5005
10th Jun 2016, 19:10
Anyone know the time line from initial application to a class date? Any profiles on recent FO new hires? What's the pass rate at the interview?

Rulik
10th Jun 2016, 22:02
Studio5400,

Let me highlight the important things during interview:

- personality, be yourself
- communication skills, english proficiency
- decision making, CRM
- basic aviation knowledge
- sim, you are pilot, nothing to worry about, just fly
- stay calm and focused

I'm sure you did google and found some useful resources for interview preparation but lpj website is one of the best. It has everything you need at this stage

Regards,

studio5400
11th Jun 2016, 08:16
Thank you.I am using lpj.All the best!

Fuel-Off
11th Jun 2016, 16:43
Pass rate is hovering around 30-40%. Very good friend of mine just got in, out of 22 that started the PSP process with him in Dubai, only 2 - TWO, got through. Average was 20 per week for interview, only about 7 or so getting through.

Fuel-Off :ok:

White Knight
11th Jun 2016, 19:43
I'm sure the acceptance rate was lower in bygone years:eek:

tomuchwork
11th Jun 2016, 20:40
This forum is not really helping if there are questions, that a thing any PPRUNE long term user knows. I got to know some very nice chaps but only via PM. As well for EK. But do not expect anyone will post anything helpful here in one of this useless threads.

If you do NOT get any useful hints via PM try to invest a few bucks in "latestpilotjobs.com". They have a collection of interview questions, as well some kind of training for their "skill" test. I invested for a 3 months membership(never went to the EK eventually as there are better jobs in Europe, at least you are at home which is Gold for me) and found the training actually pretty good.
Some people that actually went to that EK interview told me that the preparation was quiet helpful.

Will consider EK(or China, let's see which one comes up with the best term till then) as a "pre retirement" job for my last few years in aviation(if the money is right and the kids are out of the house), not before.
Terms just went south (:E) down there, so need to rush to return to the ME

tolismsnk
20th Jun 2016, 16:49
Hi Guys,

Did my interview almost 8 weeks ago and still no information. from the 8 who made it to the medical check only the 4 got a start date. According the company's site 6 weeks is the limit.
Also I hear stories about other guys being there 4 or even 5 weeks after me and having already a start date.
does anyone know about this delay? Is it normal or should I consider my self failed?
Thanks

rmcdonal
20th Jun 2016, 18:03
If you fail they will tell you, normally by email.
If you are out past the 6 weeks I would contact them just to check. With the shear number of people going through it is not unreasonable that you may have fallen out of the system (or literally behind someones desk).
Worst case is you failed, and now you know, and can stop waiting by the phone. But lets go with positive thoughts :ok:

updown
21st Jun 2016, 02:54
Tolismsnk, based on what happened to the guys in my group. You haven't made it, sorry to say. You will get a thanks but no thanks email when they find the time.

efatnas
21st Jun 2016, 11:36
Hey Outatowner
U call me Bottom feeder Gen Y......... Look dude, I don't know what that is, but I have flown left seat in 7 jets, with systems engineers, flight engineers to copilots from 300 to 20000 hours and have never felt it necessary to talk about any of them in close to an abusive matter Jack did to the Rumanian guy. I myself benefitted from strong, and that means knowledge, Captains from Pan Am to Eastern to Braniff ex legacy guys as I was a copilot. He was asking a question, that's all. It is a problem with self absorbed Captains to derail the train and not answer the question, much more then a blue eyed sticky hair copilot with no idea. I agree, the new pilots lack the knowledge of former air force or cargo pilots but those are just not available anymore. I want Jack to answer the question not to give his subjective opinion in a vague manner; it means he should be flying as a copilot still. Yes I don't know Jack, but I know his type. Don't you have CRM at Emirates? I hear the standarts there are really low anyway but I thought the training department was at least that advanced, but then who knows, right? And by the way, the bottom feeder works less then you do and makes a lot more money while living at the beach and that means with hot babes not like in the sandpit where u are. A$$h...

vfenext
21st Jun 2016, 12:09
efatnas, if you're going to come back with a real blockbuster put down its best not to mention how great you think you are. It's even worse when you mention how much more money and "babes" you get. You simply must try harder on this forum or the real sky gods will come down and smite thee!

tolismsnk
21st Jun 2016, 13:56
Updown, I know that it was normal in the past when the need for pilots was not so big.
When have you been there?
I email them and told me Imy file is still pending approval.
Thanks

uba737
21st Jun 2016, 14:18
efatnas, man you lost me at ....... Look dude!!!!!!!!

Aluminium shuffler
21st Jun 2016, 16:48
I believe the pass rate for assessment attendees is typically about 50% for FOs and 20% for DECs, but it will vary from course to course - they're looking for a standard, not a proportion of each group, so you're not in competition with each other. It's not a hollow statement when they tell you that they want all of you as long as you are of sufficient ability; they have invested time and money in bringing you in for assessment after all.

I think the main cause of failure is CRM related; the play group stuff may seem a little silly with the scenarios they give, but they are very effective at revealing character to the assessors. Some have problems with the computer testing or the sim, but I think that is a much smaller number, and the medical and psyc stuff is thorough but not like NASA/China.

I'd rather have able colleagues rather than lucky ones, so I'll wish you an unconventional "good show". ;)

ryanb5005
21st Jun 2016, 18:55
Fellow Americans - Does anyone have any advice on how to get your logbook stamped and certified?

Aluminium shuffler
22nd Jun 2016, 13:15
Has the policy changed? I though your logbook or hours summary could be be certified by a relevant manager at your current company such as a Chief Pilot or Flt Ops Director. Most authorities won't sign such things as they find them hard to verify.

ryanb5005
23rd Jun 2016, 05:57
^That is not common practice in the US. My chief pilot won't stamp my logbooks.

Aluminium shuffler
23rd Jun 2016, 08:24
In that case, e-mail the EK recruitment department and explain the issue. There are similar problems with specific European companies, and they have ways of dealing with it.

When I was leaving my employer, which had a similar policy, I told the manager that it was to do with a licencing issue. That way, they had an incentive to help me. Tell them it's to join another company, and you're giving them a reason to obstruct you.

de facto
23rd Jun 2016, 10:44
The company knows how many hours you have flown for them,a form request confirming them should be no problem.
If it is,then it should comfort you in your decision to leave:E

jayjay340
3rd Jul 2016, 18:52
Trying to find out how long does it take to get a interview date from the time of application..saw this question earlier but no answer. Anyone been over for the interview lately

flybart
29th Oct 2016, 17:19
Just applied in mid of OCT. They contacted me after one week, with some conditions regarding my frozen license. After mutual agreement they invited me for an internet interview. Tryin to get prepared for... now.

sluggums
29th Oct 2016, 23:46
Great. Thanks for letting us know...

Valmont
30th Oct 2016, 03:09
flybart, so now EK does internet interviews ?

Cantbebothered
30th Oct 2016, 03:35
Trying to find out how long does it take to get a interview date from the time of application..saw this question earlier but no answer. Anyone been over for the interview lately
As with any job at EK.....if you have not heard from then within 6 weeks of applying then you were not shortlisted and not wanted.

theaviatorscorner
7th Jan 2020, 15:42
Hello, I am interested in Emirates but I would like to know what is the typical roster of FO in the A380. Does anyone have an Emirates roster from the A380? Thank you