PDA

View Full Version : Online Occurence Reporting

feathering tickles
29th May 2016, 06:02
Having had a less than satisfactory experience recently trying to file an Online Occurence Report I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on it?

I wasted a couple of hours trying to get it to work using some Apple products then eventually managed to get it to send another couple of hours of typing later using a PC.

The format required was VERY onerous and time-consuming and certainly would make one think twice next time there's something to report.

I didn't receive the emailed report thatnthe system promised, despite providing an email address - consequently I'm getting a hard time from the CAA surveyor who wants a "copy"...

Redland
29th May 2016, 09:23
I had the same issue a while ago, got it to work in the end but not easy.

SilsoeSid
29th May 2016, 11:39
System works fine on my Apple products :ok:

Hughes500
29th May 2016, 12:11
Don't know why you bother nothing is really done with the information when they get it a few examples

1. MD 500 blades with cracked paint on bond line ( so bond failing ) CAA view manufacturer repaired for free the 200 tq event/ 35 hour inspection is fine. Now does this fix the problem NO
2. Engine overhaul shop fitted wrong inlet valve to engine, by chance on an exhaust valve guide check the lack of collets was noticed, if not guess what, valve in engine. Action taken by guess who - NONE
3. Crack found in 269Cluster on purchase survey. i was then threatened with legal action by CAA enforcement that I was illegally maintaining helicopter ????:ugh:
4.TR blade OEM removes too much material from pitch horn, 15 hours later pitch horn snaps in flight, action taken NONE despite AAIB investigation.

So what is the point really and I know loads of others that don't file as they all reckon a complete waste of time.