PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines cancels Houston-to-Nigeria route, its only flight to Africa

CentreOfExcellence
27th May 2016, 03:48
United Airlines cancels Houston-to-Nigeria route, its only flight to Africa | | Dallas Morning News (http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2016/05/united-airlines-cancels-houston-to-nigeria-route-ending-its-only-flight-to-africa.html/)

In addition to the downturn in the petroleum industry, it appears that Nigerian monetary policy is also to blame. No more 787 to Lagos.

cavortingcheetah
27th May 2016, 07:48
Perhaps United become bored with being paid with strange credit cards and blood stained notes of dubious provenance.

CentreOfExcellence
29th May 2016, 06:58
The 787's automatic lavatory seats were befuddling to many a Nigerian, so good riddance.

cavortingcheetah
29th May 2016, 10:10
Rather like the present Aga Khan's father who, or so rumour has it, used to take an entire floor at the Ritz in London when visiting that capital city. Upon his departure, or so it is whispered, all the carpets on that floor had to be changed.
But then, what would I know? I never worked at the Ritz as a bell hop?

bigoil
29th May 2016, 14:27
I flew Lagos to London a few times and when exiting and walking up the isle it always looked like a bomb went off in the cabin. Probably not the reason UA quit the flight but the cleaners will be glad.