PDA

View Full Version : Albert in the weeds

safetypee
25th May 2016, 16:42
Seeking reassurance that all is well with a long, dark coloured Albert seen descending amongst the weeds of the Herefordshire back woods - a field actually, loosely called marches, alongside the B4215 near the quaintly named watering holes of Much Marcle and Dymock. Not seen after disappearing below the tree line; no climb was observed, but the line of vision was obscured.

I note the presence of a very short grass strip for light aircraft, which has also been seen to host parachutists - (ex Puma?!!!).

Perhaps I should'd ask; which would be an answer anyway, particularly given a 'non-existent' location on the other side of Hereford.
Perhaps I should't have looked, but that was difficult given 'plod' in the car behind, who might well have misjudged or over-reacted to a 'normal' training situation.

Stitchbitch
26th May 2016, 05:53
Mate in the pub said it was the HP Bulmers tactical response team. Some one had ordered an Irish cider with ice... You ain't seen me, right?

treadigraph
26th May 2016, 06:54
In that neck of the woods, far more likely to be the Westons SAS team - Special Apple Scrumpy. (Irish cider over ice = :yuk:)

safetypee
26th May 2016, 08:03
treadi, ahh yes, or a Weston's training flight in defence of their Much Marcle cider mill.
However, as Stitch notes, instead of a Bulmers clandestine mission on Weston's, their target could be the European newcomers UBL (Stella?) in nearby Little Marcle. But wouldn't the knowledgeable brewers avoid low flying at this time of year so as not to disturb the apple blossom.
Alternatively could this activity be associated with the forthcoming Eruo election; to protect real British products.
With this in mind, perhaps there should be a restricted zone prohibiting high speed Q flights so to avoid the strawberry poly-tunnels, without which could result in the failure of Wimbledon and the whole social order.

Local research identifies that the airfield - grass strip, could be the host venue for large-scale radio control model aircraft meetings.
Now what thoughts of a radio control Albert!

Stuart Sutcliffe
26th May 2016, 08:16
I was sure I had heard that certain military folk from the Hereford area, noted for their enemy-confusing, knees-bent, running about, advancing behaviour, were sought after as a highly valued source of, shall we say, natural phosphates for the local fruit tree growers. Perhaps the Albert was bringing them in for an ...... agricultural dump? ;)

airborne_artist
26th May 2016, 08:31
It is fairly well-known in some circles that much of the hirsute ones' training takes place underground in order to obscure it from passing satellites/drones etc.

What is less well-known is that there is an entire underground airfield in the complex. Landing/take-offs are achieved via a Tracey-Islandesque opening and closing of huge pairs of doors just above the threshold/rotation point, cunningly camouflaged as *^%$£#s.

Thus the aircraft will be seen to descend, but not re-appear until take-off. Normally the entire sequence takes place at night, of course.