PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire Bound

chilzen
21st May 2016, 04:46
Anyone have any insight how one might land Heli job in England? 20+ years and 5000hr+, just always had an interest to work and live in the UK. Anyone have insight from US to UK conversion?

Hompy
21st May 2016, 09:04
Speak to one of the big flight schools here - they are pretty good with conversions. Bristol, Oxford, Etc. Have a look online.

As an aside, as I'm sure you know already, you have picked a really bad time to come to the UK. There a many pilots with your level of experience looking for a job although what it will look like in a year, when you have finished your conversion, is anybody's guess. It will take some time to pick up.

What about joining one of the big operators in the US and moving inside the company - a management position or something. Probably your best bet at the moment. All the big aviation firms in the UK are foreign owned.

Same again
21st May 2016, 14:43
Ay up! Aye.... aye... and aye again. But dost tha speak the Yorkshire tongue lad?

feathering tickles
21st May 2016, 19:20
Hi Chilzen,

What kind of UK heli-job are you looking for?

I've recently seen a recruitment advert for experienced FIs and R44/Ec120 line pilots at the brand new branch of Helicentre at Manchester (which is fairly near some bits of Yorkshire...did you know Yorkshire is by far the best part of England by the way..quite possibly the world?).

I also understand that they are proven experts in FAA to EASA conversions and would love to hear from you at [email protected]

feathering tickles
21st May 2016, 20:43
Not all that onerous for a skilled person (do we know Chilzen is a "he" btw föhnwind?), provided there is good motivation. We've done quite a few, still have one such pilot on training staff years later.

helicopter-redeye
21st May 2016, 20:51
The only thing that needs t'know,

Hear all, see all, say nowt
Eat all, drink all, pay nowt
And if tha EVER does owt for nowt
Allus do it for tha sen!

And ally's get tha snap fust!!!

(Translated: don't offer to work for nothing)

H-R (with appalogies for the local patois)

airpolice
22nd May 2016, 12:25
Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
Vet: "Is it a tom?"
Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it with us."

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger!"

Al-bert
22nd May 2016, 22:11
This might help you to acclimatize, or as we say, acclimatise ;)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg

nellycopter
24th May 2016, 20:03
Eyup you lot , have less taking the mess ....
After all thiy ain't had better tea than Yorkshire tea....
And to top it all ...... World over .... They ain't nowt like a Yorkshire pudding .....

krypton_john
24th May 2016, 22:15
<Sigh>... spent two wonderful years living in Leeds.

But any visitors from North Yorks... could not understand a word they were saying.

Cold winters but.