PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Pay Review - Is it TCAS reborn?

jatqual
17th May 2016, 15:15
Have those who occupy The Bouncy Castle been taken completely by surprise once again that May closely follows April? Last years message was dated 25th May and the 2014 message was sent 22nd of May. Both are pasted below for your reading enjoyment. Why are on time departures, attendance, reporting, pickup times etc so important, yet the little things we have to look forward to, not so important at all?

"You will be aware that we normally review the salary and benefits for Flight Crew in May each year. Unfortunately, this year we have been unable to finalise the review in time to make changes with the May Payroll. I am however pleased to confirm we will be able to make the changes for the June payroll, with payments backdated to 1st May 2015."

"For you, May is also normally the time we announce any changes to your specific pay elements This year no decision has yet been made as work on the review is still ongoing. This means the only change you will see in your May salary will be your profit share payment."

donpizmeov
17th May 2016, 15:28
Taking it that JA sent an email some months ago stating standby for an announcement, I would think it's all worked out.
Seems they just lack the interest in letting us know.

glofish
17th May 2016, 16:05
Does groundhog day ring any bell to you guys?

Talparc
17th May 2016, 16:37
surprise, surprise
they spent too much time in costa!
The muppet show continues.

sluggums
17th May 2016, 19:35
Announced purely to sway those thinking bout resigning with the profit share payment in mind. Bloody lies, smoke and mirrors. Again.

Panther 88
17th May 2016, 21:57
Actually the official letter in 2014 was issued on 16 June.

To:
All Flight Crew
First Officers (FD.06) & Captains (FD.07)

Alan Stealey
DSVP Flight Operations
Date:
16th June 2014
Subject:
PAY REVIEW 2014

So has anything really changed?

White Knight
18th May 2016, 03:20
Actually the official letter in 2014 was issued on 16 June.

To:
All Flight Crew
First Officers (FD.06) & Captains (FD.07)

Alan Stealey
DSVP Flight Operations
Date:
16th June 2014
Subject:
PAY REVIEW 2014

So has anything really changed?

I think that what jatqual is saying is that the 'Pay Review Delay Letter' comes out on about the 24th/25th of May rather than the actual 'Pay Review'...:}

fatbus
18th May 2016, 04:59
I thought when JA delayed the March pilot meeting at ETC it would not be a 3 + month delay to the "monthly" meeting.

falconeasydriver
18th May 2016, 06:49
Goodluck boys and girls, I hope you get a good chunk of change, and as for the Muppet show, who can resist?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0X6OymIjg

lospilotos
18th May 2016, 07:02
I heard they're putting the EGT in charge to see if he can run things any better than the Muppet Show. Couldn't be any worse.

In charge of what?

scandistralian
18th May 2016, 08:42
Other than the delays of the previous 2 years, is there any suggestion that it is likely to be delayed this year?

jatqual
18th May 2016, 09:17
"it is likely to be delayed this year?"

My very limited understanding is that changes to the monthly remuneration need to be submitted around the 16th of each month as our 95,000 strong workforce is unable to provide anyone capable of processing such miracles quickly. Hoping I'm very wrong

donpizmeov
18th May 2016, 12:28
jatqual, you are right. Scandi, its late already. Up until 2012 in was always out in the first week of May and included in the May pay.

jatqual
18th May 2016, 13:56
I feared as much donpiz. I wonder if the 2012/2013 change coincided with the departure of the late SMF, leaving the reigns to STC. If so, it would perhaps suggest that STC may well be a fine SFO but a very very questionable CEO. Yep, technology, that will solve all your personnel issues, combined with

a quote from Sir Richard Branson 'Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.'

And STC's words

"I want you to be so highly skilled that the best companies in the world will be keen to hire you. But I also want to create such a nurturing, caring and inspiring internal world that you’ll never think of leaving Emirates!"

How can you possibly fail..

sluggums
18th May 2016, 14:46
It's the committee for moving decimal points to the left, methinks.

flareflyer
18th May 2016, 14:47
I had to read twice that phrase........ Unbelievable how such a man can be that fake........

Stone_cold
18th May 2016, 15:36
KP .

If you wish to use words outside your normal vocabulary to critique others , then at least research the meaning .

ekpilot
18th May 2016, 15:37
Apart from plagiarising (which is theft) Sir Richard Branson, what exactly did that review say?

Hello Tomorrow!

I think he is loosing it!

So out of touch with reality!

lospilotos
18th May 2016, 16:00
Hello Tomorrow!

I think he is loosing it!

So out of touch with reality!

For being two CEOs presenting the biggest profit ever, both STC and GC looked surprisingly uncomfortable on stage when it was announced on May 10th....

han.solo
18th May 2016, 16:12
Stone Cold, are you the grammar police? I think we all understood what kingpost said. You must be one of the costa brigade trying to derail the thread. Go back to your latte.

Ynot
18th May 2016, 20:22
I agree with lospilotos...the way they were looking at each other, the body language in general and the unusual discomfort in speech prior and during the "made up" q&a session showed that either something changed last minute or that they were just given some..unexpected news...

natops
19th May 2016, 00:09
Some people dont remember sh.t,

Derren Brown, anybody believes that stuff.....? Well.... These people believe their own stuff, cant be true right?

donpizmeov
19th May 2016, 05:48
I see that there is a book running on day of week and time that TCH will release the email. A Thursday (no one knows which Thursday) with minutes after 3.30pm getting greater odds.

lospilotos
19th May 2016, 06:08
My guess is today, since salary statement is due on Tuesday and they either must include the salary review in that, or explain why it's delayed. However, since a Fleet Forum is announced again, I think the review is complete and will be communicated today at 15:34...

motojet
19th May 2016, 06:47
I concur with Donpizmeov.

jack schidt
19th May 2016, 07:47
Anything past 15:30 is overtime and all jumping around and happiness must cease by then. I know the release time of the email already, today at....

15:29:59

J

donpizmeov
19th May 2016, 07:49
If they have the energy to press the send button. Lifting those coffee cups at Costa can take its toll.

scandistralian
19th May 2016, 08:06
The office shuts @1500 on a Thursday...

fringhtok
19th May 2016, 10:22
Still nothing. If there was good news, they would be shouting it from the mountaintops. In fact, good news would have been announced last week or the week before. 3%.

Monarch Man
19th May 2016, 11:25
I have to confess to having had a bit of a cynical chuckle the other day over this whole pay thing.
Sharing a car with a relatively new star on his uniform individual, who for reasons that for me were quite apparent could not contain his excitement about a fantastic announcement that was to be made yesterday:hmm::hmm:
Playing along I of course quizzed him, but alas only he and his inner circle of colleagues were/are privy to this stupendous development. I offered my council, surely I suggested that a leopard doesn't change its spots, even if it is painted to look like a Tabby, but no, his truth was the only real truth.
Thus far today, I have yet to receive a response to my enquiry to said star spangled employee as to this development, and why I have asked is it now a day late?
I'm all for a big pay increase, but I don't see it happening, but I will happily be proved wrong and in contempt of court.

helen-damnation
19th May 2016, 11:46
It's on HRH's desk, won't be announced until next month after he considers the suggestions put forward to plug the holes in the dyke!

natops
19th May 2016, 11:46
Affraid to push the send-button.
Hoping for an airline to go bust in the next few minutes I guess...

Well maybe next week hahaha.

Keep dreaming for the best guys. In the mean time... Walk the green mile from e-gate to briefing room. Proud to serve... 😂

DuneMentat
19th May 2016, 11:52
Latest rumour is there are no more cv's to review after going back over previously failed candidates as well..

ruserious
19th May 2016, 12:07
Have it from a good source that we are down in SA doing sim checks on 20 Kenyan's

777-200LR
19th May 2016, 14:24
By the time the 20 Kenyans are measured for their uniform, 30 fully uniformed men will have resigned

kcar
20th May 2016, 09:21
AAR pulled the plug on the package a few days before the profit share announcement.

natops
20th May 2016, 10:22
AAR pulled the plug on the package a few days before the profit share announcement.

What source did you use?

sluggums
20th May 2016, 10:42
What? The same as he apparently does every year. No, it's just the same levels of sociopathic contempt being shown, yet again.

Praise Jebus
20th May 2016, 11:16
Plastic Ball shows extra steps added to Basic for long timers......

Saltaire
21st May 2016, 04:48
Anyone hear anything from JA? Positive developments?
Gone quiet once again - I thought good communication was one of the most important facets of a successful company? Fail.

trimotor
22nd May 2016, 09:19
Just out...it's still under review...of course it is.

Pointer
22nd May 2016, 09:32
As Falconezydrvr said… "This is what we call the MUPPET SHOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

"Please let it be funny this time"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wizofoz
22nd May 2016, 09:35
It means they're fighting over it.

It means someone wants to improve conditions, but someone higher up won't allow it.

We know what the result of that has been for the last two years.

fatbus
22nd May 2016, 09:38
I agree with OZ , 20 % pushed upward 5% pushed downward,

Uplink
22nd May 2016, 09:39
As someone mentioned earlier, it's such a surprise that a year has already passed and pay review time is here again. Have they not had time to do this or has the gravitational pull of Costa along with late starts and early finishes just not given them enough hours in the day to do this...

I believe that Arabic for pontification is. اعط البيان

gardenshed
22nd May 2016, 09:46
You would think after all these years of delaying, they could think of an original excuse for their tardiness, like the dog ate the review, or I left it in my back trouser pocket and its been round the washing machine.
But at least they apologise for yet again being unable to sort themselves out, perhaps talk of the bonus fills their minds, so that May suddenly just pops out of now where.

Cloud Bunny
22nd May 2016, 09:58
It's the same every year. They know exactly what the pay review and any revised Ts and Cs are going to be they couldn't possibly set the profit share target or make any sort of financial forecasts without having that information. What happens now is that it goes upstairs for a signature and comes back down shredded to pieces in order to protect 'ones' bonuses. It doesn't matter what anybody else proposes, 5%,10%, 30% it'll always come back a fraction of the original proposal.
And now they are getting the numbers they need in the door where's the incentive to improve things? There isn't one!! But what about all the people leaving? Well they'll be delighted, get rid of all those expensive senior guys with hefty provident funds is exactly whats required.
3% step and a 1 hour reduction in productivity threshold - thanks for your efforts and please keep going that extra mile.

170to5
22nd May 2016, 10:45
Maybe people in the bouncy castle lost track of time because they're all getting ready to go on Ellen DeGeneres...

trimotor
22nd May 2016, 11:28
Cloud Bunny. Hitting the nail on the head, one suspects.

Praise Jebus
22nd May 2016, 11:41
At least the HR dude put his name to the memo....rather than the usual "The Managment"

sluggums
22nd May 2016, 19:09
Sacrificial lamb, more like.

axialflow
22nd May 2016, 20:14
GREAT!...another month to think about this S*&@ and rethink, then rethink some more and of course listen to more rumours. At least the briefing rooms will continue to be alive with predictable conversations! ...decent way to 'break the ice' on the good ol' ULRs!

I hope the wait is worth it. They do like testing our patience with the small things that we look forward to every year. I risk stating the obvious, but ill state it anyway, why cant the number-crunchers have a draft of different financial scenarios and work out the changes (if any) to our package. Then 'tweek' it based on the actuals ?...im just thinking/writing out aloud, I don't know how it works but I'm sure these delays are avoidable unless they are intentional (?)

...and what's with the weird seemingly-accurate CID (without VSOPS) numbers recently??

Ax

donpizmeov
22nd May 2016, 23:02
And yet people will still attend the meeting on the 30th.

bogeydope
23rd May 2016, 02:29
What meeting............we have a meeting........????

Who wouldn't want to go in for a meeting, on their day off? Only to hear the same old lame excuses......???

natops
23rd May 2016, 03:20
For a lotta colleagues I fly with the last few months, say approx 40%, this pay-review is the last chance they give EK. They have jobs lined up, did selections...
If they screw this one up another good bunch of people will leave this place. And another struggle begins to get above the 4000 pilots...
The recruitment pool has dried up, EK digging deep into Africa to find new guys... Trying to find pilots who dont have internet yet, so they are still in the not knowing fase. Showing pics of big shiny jets.
Time go get yr heads outof yr @sses upper management!
Stop this train going faster and faster down the hill without brakes.
Change the package to something better then our neighbours. That might put the brakes on, as a start.

.....And then I woke up all sweaty, it was a dream for sure AAR said.

axialflow
23rd May 2016, 05:58
yeah, I have been hearing the 20 % figure myself...I think that's a happy balance between what the employees want (deserve) and what the company can (wants to) increase by. Furthermore, although it was increased in 2014, the accommodation allowance also needs a review...not sure which top secret areas of DXB are experiencing reducing rent but its getting more and more difficult to find a decent villa/townhouse with a small garden, in a decent area, for the amount we are paid.

Ax

TangoUniform
23rd May 2016, 06:20
Methinks that JA himself is getting tired of all the bs from above. He gets indications that there will be an improvement, relates that, then gets jerked back. When HD took over, he also indicated improvements. Well gents, that ceiling above you is is not to be broken. You are treated and respected as your minion pilots. It's embarrassing and it is my belief that one or both will depart within the next year, unless there are some personnel changes above them.

Bring TCAS back, then we are for sure knowing what to expect. BTW, he was spotted on the third floor last week. Probably checking on his bonus....time for a new Land Rover.

Jetkopite
23rd May 2016, 08:34
I rarely write on here but for me as mentioned above this is the last chance for them to prove to me that they have a problem and are trying to resolve it by throwing money at the system to stop the exodus and attract more higher quality experienced pilots, hence improving my NON existent lifestyle a little and improve this dire leave situation.. Its not about money for me but thats the only way to resolve this mess here as reducing the schedule by 15-20% to ease it isnt an option...

How oh how has this place gone from one of the best jobs in the World years ago to one of the worst where experienced pilots would rather go up the road to Abu Dhabi and Qatar???

As I and most of the pilots I speak to this is the last chance, I have 2-3 job offers and ready to resign...

Moony123
23rd May 2016, 09:21
It must be getting desperate. Emailing guys directly that had applied in the past and are working for EY stating they are now processing applications.

Thanks, but no thanks Steve.

Saltaire
23rd May 2016, 11:36
If anyone thinks we are getting anything close to 20% - keeping smoking. They would rather take their chances and hire Somalian pirates.
With reduced days off now around leave, compressed rosters, lack of credit for training, reducing per diem, etc. all in the name of the 'business' and profit. Employees are a necessary evil. I almost hope we get nothing and they get 200 resignations this summer. I'm starting to look like many colleagues. One day they will learn the cost of constant cost cutting, bending the rules, pushing the limits, lack of respect and arrogance. People are their most valuable asset. They don't get it. Sad.

I would also bet they are in last minute negotiations over a raise. Knocked back by AAR once again. It will likely come out around the 3% plus step. Not enough.

Panther 88
23rd May 2016, 11:47
+1^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jack schidt
23rd May 2016, 12:25
I honestly think if 10% raise, incl step, is not the minimum then they are going to suffer more than they realise. As we all know, it's not a pay raise for those already here, it's a salary to attract new hires. Soaring prices, worsening conditions, increasing pressures living in the Pit, what with Taxation coming etc!

Living out allowance will continue to be underfunded as they know there are many empty villas up for grabs for anyone who wants to move back in and save them 200k a year!

J

The.Humble.Guy
23rd May 2016, 12:32
... as they know there are many empty villas up for grabs for anyone who wants to move back in and save them 200k a year!

J

Pure conjecture. I can tell you from first hand experience that after multiple attempts to opt back into company housing, it has been repeatedly denied. Those allowed back in is a fraction of those who have requested this concession.

jack schidt
23rd May 2016, 12:49
Perhaps there were not 1500 houses at MS when you last asked. After the pay rise all of MS will be for the influx of new hires anyway ;)

J

Monarch Man
23rd May 2016, 12:55
Saltaire, I agree that its last minute no doubt with arguments going back and forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised if nothing is offered, they have by their own admission to date mostly achieved their targets for recruitment. Remember that the short term mentality is alive and well thanks to the efforts of the underlings who move heaven and earth to reach these targets, this place is data driven, the data says it can be done, there will be no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Emma Royds
23rd May 2016, 16:20
It seems that the news of the pending lacklustre pay review is affecting the numbers at the roadshows.

https://i.imgsafe.org/a999203.jpg

Jumeirah James
23rd May 2016, 16:49
Jambo... excellent post ER :)

axialflow
23rd May 2016, 17:31
Funny, Funny, Emma Royds. That made me giggle. Even a couple of peanuts have been drawn on the far right-side of the blackboard to represent the new package...at least they are honest about it. :yuk:

ruserious
23rd May 2016, 18:22
Awesome ER

sluggums
23rd May 2016, 20:44
It would be funny if it wasn't so true...

pacbro
24th May 2016, 05:23
That's the new EGHQ being built in Meydan south! Thanks for the laugh Emma :D

TIMINGandLUCK
25th May 2016, 10:11
Best post of the week Emma. Well done!

SyncPilot
26th May 2016, 12:59
It is out...enjoy guys and girls!

ExDubai
26th May 2016, 17:01
It seems Emma was right.....

CTWO
27th May 2016, 05:36
sorry guys..everybody talk about contractual pay rise...but are you positive???.... to be honest contract in hand, is not written anywhere! wording is : " based on individual performance , increase within the scale may be awarded.You will be eligible for a salary review on 1st may provided you have completed four months and one day continuos service with the company"
This is it...:eek::eek::eek::eek:
WTF:ooh:!!!!

Airbuspilot72
29th May 2016, 12:45
Good job EMMA ROYDS