PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Logbook

Uplink
16th May 2016, 10:48
Can anyone recommend an electronic logbook I can use that doesn't cost anything, is easy to use and can be exported for printing?

Donovan
16th May 2016, 11:17
i don't think there are free ones, and if there are they maybe limited or the important features are not activated.

However, have look at MCCpilotlog, I have been using it for a year now and I amvery pleased with it.

Thridle Op Des
16th May 2016, 11:40
What ever you do, do not use the "Mac One" they charge nearly the full price for every "upgrade", I used to be a real fan of their product once, but they got the 'greed' bug.

For a really cheap one, build it in Excel and learn about .css files!

Vortex Thing
16th May 2016, 14:17
If you're a professional pilot, then act like a professional. You don't have to buy a uniform, you don't have to pay for much once you are working as a professional pilot. If you could afford hundred of thousands for flight training are you seriously saying one of £60 is unaffordable to you.

Trust me when I say I understand what it is like to have no money but a log book is a tool for your whole career and a bad one will cost you a shed load of time. Just fork out for a one off decent log book after doing your research like sky log pro or log10 pro etc Just be wary of formats. Not all work PC/Mac/iPad/android so think about how you want to make and maintain entries not just now but into the future as changing downstream can be very very tedious (I know I spent 4 weeks full time moving logbooks when I went to Mac in 2010!

rumour mill
16th May 2016, 17:50
I second the recommendation for MCCpilot log. I love the fact it is just a single purchase and yours for life. Works with android, MAC, windows, Blackberry etc etc. Good value and all the functionality you would want. For most airlines you can even dump your roster directly into the program and minor edits will have you logging your entire month's flights in seconds.

It has some nice options for tracking flight pay and per diems too, and the google earth route map is a nice thing to show the kids.

Skyjob
18th May 2016, 22:24
I agree on mccPilotLog.
Great features to print off logbooks and reports in many formats, import roster into application and those merely update details of actual flight. Cross platform capacity and cloud backup in case the paper one goes up in flames one day...

theWings
14th Nov 2016, 13:10
I believe the current release off mccPilotLog does not work in native mac OS, and needs a Windows emulator to work on the Mac? I didn't move to my MacBook to have to get Windows!!

Anyone confirm please??

BANANASBANANAS
14th Nov 2016, 13:37
It may be a generation issue but, being an old fuddy duddy, I have maintained the conventional paper log book since I started flying almost 40 years ago.

There is a certain pride in maintaining a neat, accurate log book and it only takes a few minutes each month. It keeps the mental arithmetic up to speed too.

glofish
15th Nov 2016, 04:42
try the app from 'ourownindianlogbook.com'.

Works on any spreadsheet and os and adds miraculously about 500 hours upon first purchase. :}

Jack330
15th Nov 2016, 05:49
I use logten pro since 2009, I transferred all my 5 logbooks and I can tell that is the most reliable one, unfortunately is a bit expensive but my data is too important so I decided to go for this one. Supersafe multiple back up, perfect sync and works on MAC.

ekpilot
15th Nov 2016, 06:20
I bought it a month ago. Doesn't work with EK on Mac. They have no refund policy. They tried hard with good customer service to make it work but definitely didn't work for me...

Kennytheking
15th Nov 2016, 06:51
mccPILOTLOG works just fine for me. Give it a fob number and it logs onto the foip and get the hours for me. Do it every 6 months or so. Easy peasy.

mickey11
21st Nov 2016, 09:05
Here an other MCC pilot log user.

How do you guys print this logbook? Do you bind it? In order to have it accepted at an interview.

Bus Driver Man
21st Nov 2016, 17:48
I bought it a month ago. Doesn't work with EK on Mac. They have no refund policy. They tried hard with good customer service to make it work but definitely didn't work for me...
Copy-paste your flight time report into an Excel sheet (the export function EK provides doesn't work) and send it to them via their website.

Import Data from Other Logbook (or my Excel sheet) : mccSUPPORT (http://support.mccpilotlog.net/support/solutions/articles/9959-import-data-from-other-logbook-or-my-excel-sheet-)

They will convert it to a CSV file which is compatible for import in MCC Pilot Log.
It takes a bit longer, but it works.

SandPitted
22nd Nov 2016, 05:07
I tried MCCpilot but found it missing far too many needs for long haul flying. You can't enter 4 pilots to define who was the operating PIC, relief Capt, operating FO or relief FO, aircraft types and their variations are very limited (e.g., engine types), you can't add a new aircraft to your mobile app as it must first be done on your computer first, there is a limit to how many airframes are accessible on your mobile device. It is far, far from intuitive..... You need a doctorate in computing science it seems to navigate the different needs. It's definitely still not Mac friendly as they admitted to me over several emails (work in progress they said).

I tried 3 times to export my data across to MCCpilot: sending the info to MCCpilot directly for them to work out why their were so many glitches. When I finally imported my complete flying history electronically to MCCpilot there were hundreds if not thousands of errors. Their advice was for me to simply go back and fix them 1 by 1, OR, multi-select entries to make sweeping changes to those entries. Eg, if in settings you set it up to say you're a Capt for EK then ALL aircraft and other pilots you've flown with that you've migrated across will have you labelled as the Capt and all aircraft as well as people working for or belonging to EK. 20+ years of entries to fix? No thanks. I despise LogTenPro's greed but sadly they offer all that MCCpilot doesn't.

I ended up paying for a 3 year mobile subscription and then plan to buy for the 1 off fee the desktop application. For the cost less than a beer a month it is still (sadly) the best electronic log book going.