PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Hurricane display!

fin1012
15th May 2016, 14:46
Was anyone expecting a Hurricane display that didn't turn up? Just been treated to its full display over my house in Steventon south of Abingdon- no village fete or nearby airshow (that I know of anyway). It was a nice display though.

Wander00
15th May 2016, 15:18
Called in at Duxford a couple of weeks ago after my return to France delayed by striking (could think of another adjective) air traffic controllers, and was treated to flying by Catalina, Hurricane, Spitfire and Blenheim (including an ashes scattering that at first led us to think there had been an engine failure) together with usual Rapides and Tiger Moths, and was amazed by the number of people who apparently have just shy of £3k for half an hour in the back of a 2 seat Spitfire.

tmmorris
15th May 2016, 15:26
There's a hurricane based at North Moreton - not far from you - so probably that one practising. Using the railway line as a display line, perhaps?

fin1012
15th May 2016, 17:44
tmmorris - that could be it. Judging by the number of UAS guys that fly their aero sequence overhead we must be covered in line features!

Tiger Tales
15th May 2016, 21:01
The North Moreton Hurricane (ex Peter Vacher) was sold some time ago and currently resides at Old Warden as part of the Shuttleworth Collection. It may however have come back for a visit for old times sake. :ok:
R4118 Hurricane based at Shuttleworth | Shuttleworth (http://www.shuttleworth.org/news/r4118/)

airborne_artist
16th May 2016, 07:20
The Vachers used to live in a village adjoining Steventon, to the NW.

I miss it, as I live in the village to the SW of N Moreton. It would regularly be seen/heard practicing/arriving/departing.