PDA

View Full Version : You couldnt make it up

NutLoose
10th May 2016, 14:38
From

Greater Manchester Police sorry for 'Muslim terrorist' mock blast - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36254254)

Police who staged a mock attack featuring a bomber shouting "Allahu Akbar" have been forced to apologise for racial stereotyping.Manchester peace activist Dr Erinma Bell criticised the use of a "Muslim terrorist".But as

"The scenario for this exercise is based on an attack by an extremist Daesh-style organisation and the scenario writers have centred the circumstances around previous similar attacks of this nature, mirroring details of past events to make the situation as real life as possible for all of those involved.Perhaps Dr Bell thinks they may have a Jewish or Christian division in ISIS, one wonders what her response would be if she ever gets caught up in the situation for real

Why do these do gooders not simply shut up and let people get on with their jobs.

Herod
10th May 2016, 14:53
To pacify all the do-gooders: "I say chaps, I've got this bally great bomb thingy here and, by crikey, I'll let it off soon". Now that would probably upset all the white-supremacists out there.

Hempy
10th May 2016, 15:03
I would imagine that after the last 15 years of Islamophobia it would cause a stir. The fact that that 'Allahu Akbar' is no different to most Muslims as 'Oh my God!' is to Christians is irrelevant.

farsouth
10th May 2016, 15:20
I see that the reporting of this story by the media today is being immediately followed by the report on the stabbings in Germany, ........by a person shouting Allahu Akbar........��

CoffmanStarter
10th May 2016, 15:31
Nutty old chap ...

It's not only the Manchester Police that need to get a grip :ugh:

Free Underwear : Cambridgeshire Police - Latest crime prevention initiative (http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridgeshire-police-roll-latest-crime-fighting/story-29238733-detail/story.html)

NutLoose
10th May 2016, 15:43
So if I go shoplifting for a Ferrari will the Cambridgeshire police give me a new Lamborghini ?

Wander00
10th May 2016, 16:05
Coff/Nutty - I guess you could not, but then you get funny people in the Fens

CoffmanStarter
10th May 2016, 16:10
Nutty ... If you get to drive the Lambo you might need new underpants :p

cliver029
10th May 2016, 16:26
Okay stop mocking the folks from Grunty Fen.

SPIT
10th May 2016, 16:39
WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO SAY SORRY FOR ?? :{

NutLoose
10th May 2016, 16:52
Not a problem Coff, although after I have insured my free Lamborghini I might have to go shoplifting to source my undies.

RedhillPhil
10th May 2016, 17:31
And now call me Dave is going to be in trouble for suggesting that those paragons of straight and honest dealing Nigeria and Afghanistan are corrupt. Oooh, the usual suspects are going to be in meltdown over this one.

yellowtriumph
10th May 2016, 17:46
I would imagine that after the last 15 years of Islamophobia it would cause a stir. The fact that that 'Allahu Akbar' is no different to most Muslims as 'Oh my God!' is to Christians is irrelevant.
I thought Allahu Akbar translated as God is great which I would have thought most Muslims would think of as praise. Whereas 'omg' is taking the Lords name in vain, ie blasphemy which most, if not all Christians, would find offensive.

tarantonight
10th May 2016, 18:46
Good supportive comments from the GMP PCC. Good to know where his loyalties lie. As for the senior officers back peddling............................and the Dr. OMG - if I dare use such a phrase.

Beggars belief, where do these people think the current threat is coming from, do they watch the news??!!.

TN.

downsizer
10th May 2016, 19:02
WTF has this got to do with Mil Aviation?

Ken Scott
10th May 2016, 19:07
downsizer: this forum is something of a 'virtual crew room' and this is the type of thing that would be discussed (if people still congregated there). So entirely appropriate as a subject.

downsizer
10th May 2016, 19:14
Then surely Jet Blast would be the appropriate forum? Stuff like this doesn't appear in other specific sub-forums....

5aday
10th May 2016, 19:26
Oh yes it does. Try The Paddock on GT40s.com !

downsizer
10th May 2016, 19:30
5aday, I meant other sub forums on here, pprune. For instance I'm sure they aren't discussing this in the Cabin Crew sub forum. Probably busy discussing warm squash or the like....

Lala Steady
10th May 2016, 19:53
But as Ken Scott says, this is for military/ex-military crews to discuss anything (see thread on Weber BBQs for instance) as if they were back in the crewroom.

That is the beauty of the Mil Aviation forum.

downsizer
10th May 2016, 20:02
We'll have to agree to disagree.