PDA

View Full Version : EK captain's cel phone bills

Dropp the Pilot
7th May 2016, 07:42
Did I miss a memo? I thought the company was taking care of the bills and then recovering it from salary but my bill has not been paid for three months and the current tally is almost 700 dirhams. Were we supposed to take over payments at some time in the past?

donpizmeov
7th May 2016, 08:28
They sent an email a little while ago saying due to stupidity they had a problem with the bills and would have it sorted shortly etc etc.

Mine is the same as yours.

ekpilot
7th May 2016, 14:51
It's company policy to be reluctant to pay/give what they owe others......leave is just another example!

PositiveRate876
7th May 2016, 15:26
That's why mine remains permanently switched off.

If I need to call someone at outstation, I use the ground staff's phone.

jack schidt
7th May 2016, 16:05
For over 10 years I have never got any reception on the Captains mobile, funny how Satcom Telcom always seems to get reception though! Funny that!

J

Avid Aviator
7th May 2016, 18:41
Indeed. No need to submit paperwork to recoup Satcom phone bills. My company phone is kept safely in a cupboard at home ready to return when I leave.

puff m'call
10th May 2016, 12:35
Never charged, never switched on .Simple

Kapitanleutnant
11th May 2016, 06:19
When I was at EK, there were a few times over the years this would happen to me. I'd get a nasty gram from Etisalat for being late on payment.

Called someone (forget) and they said something to the effect that EK has simply not paid it for 3 months... don't worry, it'll get paid. Sure enough, it did eventually. So the following times it happened, I just disregarded the note and it always took care of itself.

EK just trying to save a few dirhams on interest for a few months vs paying what's due??

K