PDA

View Full Version : Bell Product Data books

Flaxton Flyer
27th Apr 2016, 18:14
Many years ago when I first started learning to fly, one of the best 'tools' I came across for learning about the JetRanger was the factory produced Product Data manual. Great book, loads of info, great drawings of all the mechanicals and lots of lovely pictures. I was lucky enough to be given a B206III item by Eric Toombes (sp?) down at Thruxton and I still have it to this day. I also managed to get 206LIII and B430 versions later.

My flying days are over, so if anyone would like them I am happy to pass them on for £10 each inc p+p (UK only). I also have a copy of Prouty's "More Helicopter Aerodynamics" (or something like that ) for anyone who suffers from insomnia! Same deal.

PM me if interested.

Rgds FF

Gordy
28th Apr 2016, 04:49
Those "Product Data Manuals" used to be available for free on the Bell website. I will be happy to provide a link to anyone who cannot figure it out for $10 with NO shipping and handling worldwide. This is a great deal based on the current exchange rate. :cool:

Although at 306 pages just for the B3, it may cost you more to print that the current 10BP deal.

nigelh
28th Apr 2016, 11:49
Flaxton ....I'm guessing you are a Yorkshire man !!!

Flaxton Flyer
28th Apr 2016, 16:24
Flaxton ....I'm guessing you are a Yorkshire man !!!
Absolutely Nigel, and a retired one at that! However, if anyone would like to drive (or fly) up to Scarborough and hence save my time and money on p&p they can have them for nothing with a cup of coffee thrown in! :-)

I presume Gordy's "$10 manual" is an on-line download which you then have to print, hole punch and find a binder for. Yes, you can knock up a cheap-ass copy for probably £9.99, or you can have a "real" book, with proper heavyweight paper, and everything, delivered to your door to cherish forever and proudly display in your bookshelf like I have done🙂 Would you print off a cheap version of The Bible? No, of course not!

Gordy
28th Apr 2016, 20:36
I presume Gordy's "$10 manual" is an on-line download which you then have to print, hole punch and find a binder for.

Yes, I was being facetious and sarcastic, hence the :cool: They are free to anyone, (or certainly used to be---I still have all mine).