PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Cockpit Designers / Design Expertise?

cwlondon
26th Apr 2016, 16:37
My first post so thank you for any help or advice.

I was first inspired by fighter jets after watching F 14's and the Blue Angels flying from Oceana as a kid.

Now, I am interested in military "situational awareness" technology / applications, in high speed situations where reactions times are critical - but applied to private, commercial and / or industrial applications.

I would be particularly interested in meeting with or collaborating with anyone who has worked on fighter jet instrumentation or cockpit design, whether on an independent / research basis or perhaps working for a defense contractor.

Understanding the latest and greatest technology (as in the F22?) may still be confidential / classified, what I am trying to do is to learn more about the basic principles of situational awareness, and the basic principles of cockpit design as they would relate to managing risks during combat.

This might include the use of computer monitors, touch screens etc, the visual depiction of risk related information, "heads up" technology, augmented reality technology and / or the use of other SA information such as audible alerts.

It would also be interesting to know if any US or allied defense contractors might be interested in modifying or selling such technology, but again, adapted for private, commercial or industrial use.

A friend with a Navy background mentioned that the defense companies are always interested in non military revenues, but with multiple divisions and thousands of employees, not even sure where to begin.

So thank you for any advice or ideas and would be delighted to speak in further detail or collaborate with any of you.

Best Regards,