PDA

View Full Version : EK ALT downgrade

donpizmeov
26th Apr 2016, 16:04
I have been contacted by one of our colleagues who has been in contact with HR about ALT travel which has been downgraded to lower class of travel due to overselling.
If this has happened to you, could you please PM me and I will give you the HR person's contact details. Please politely email them with a brief description of the where, when and why (if known) that it happened. Seems evidence of this happening is required,and the details are to help future policy wording change to fix it.

new tomcat
26th Apr 2016, 23:06
Emirates is disregarding another provision in your contract? How many ignored items does that make it? Too many to count.

lospilotos
27th Apr 2016, 04:56
Good initiative Don, but are you implying that the whole downgrading situation is due to some misunderstanding or power abuse by load control or outstation staff?

Can't remember exactly the wording, but wasn't there a recent change to the staff travel manual to allow for this downgrading?

ruserious
27th Apr 2016, 05:50
And just what does it say about this organisation that we have to go round the houses thru Pprune to get problems with our contractual obligations resolved (maybe)

donpizmeov
27th Apr 2016, 06:00
The response from HR has been forwarded to me. It states that there has been no policy change with respect honoring ALT entitlements.
The change to the staff travel manual was to prevent the reissue of ALT if a lower class of travel was accepted.
It would appear this is being interrupted by some stations as the ok to downgrade staff. Evidence of this happening is required. If it is proven to be happening they will fix it.
I was asked if I knew anyone else that had been downgraded and to forward on the HR details so thought I would mention it here.

Jumeirah James
27th Apr 2016, 06:19
Well done Don. Who cares where and how we defend our remaining rights.

fliion
27th Apr 2016, 07:58
What JJ said ..bravo

ruserious
27th Apr 2016, 08:06
No criticism was remotely intended of you Don, however I care, as it is just another symptom of a broken organisation

donpizmeov
27th Apr 2016, 08:19
Don't worry ruserious, I totally understand where you are coming from. Trust has been lost with the muppets in the bouncy castle, and it seems that any silver lining is the leading edge of the lightning that is about to sting us in the butt (now I know some of you tractor drivers are heavy breathing with that analogy).
But in this case, through the work of some of our work mates, and JA, something has been identified, and actions are being taken to correct it. But we have to give evidence that its happening before manpower is diverted to the fix.

littlejet
27th Apr 2016, 08:27
Good work, but why evidence is needed if it was already identified as a potential abuse? We all know it will be abused. "But it is legal captain" has been heard so many times at 3 AM. OMA ULR pairing rest period springs to mind...

Talparc
27th Apr 2016, 08:31
Don't forget to write to AAR as he asked for feedback, won't change anything but just to
have him in the loop. Just one more muppet!

donpizmeov
27th Apr 2016, 08:33
Not a whole lot of EK employees get J upgradable to 1st. So numbers of complaints about this is very low. They want to find out if it is just a particular station, or is it more widespread. They also want to know why the downgrade was necessary: aircraft gone tech or over selling etc.
If you don't want to provide evidence it will stay the way it is. That alone seems a good enough motivator for me.

helen-damnation
27th Apr 2016, 12:49
Well done Don.

If we don't do anything, shaftings will continue!

Kamelchaser
27th Apr 2016, 15:43
Good work Don. I have no hesitation in writing to the head of staff travel when this sort of thing happens...even though he tends to be in denial that it actually occurs.

I for one would like to know which stations are responsible for this type of behaviour so I can arrive forewarned.

I vote those stations be named and shamed here so we all know what to expect.

ballyboley
27th Apr 2016, 17:30
I agree, I've gone to the top about an issue like this and been surprised how they had no idea it was happening at the station. This company thrives on data, they need evidence for everything unfortunately.

Secondly, shouldn't we be making a bigger issue of the change that IS a blatant change of the contract - 2 class config ALT now being Y/J instead of firm J? Quite a few 2 class 380's coming along with less seats upstairs, this can become more of an issue.

donpizmeov
18th Jun 2016, 21:10
Amendment to staff travel manual is on the way. Thanks to those that emailed HR. Good work fellas.

CamelRustler
18th Jun 2016, 22:42
:ok::D

Thanks Don!

donpizmeov
18th Jun 2016, 23:16
Wasn't me. I was just the messenger.

The.Humble.Guy
19th Jun 2016, 04:34
I had a situation recently which warrants getting in touch with HR. Don, could you PM the contact details?