PDA

View Full Version : UAE mortgage provider/buying in DXB

ballyboley
15th Apr 2016, 15:21
For those of us who don't fancy the Meydan labour camps, any recommendations on good mortgage deals/banks out there? Do people here generally go for a fixed deal for 2/3 years and then switch?

While we're at it, may as well get a few opinions on the market in general. Certainly seems to be down 10% in the last year or so, some articles saying a recovery next year but then again - who knows. The further out villas 'seem' to have become a little bit more affordable.
Thanks.

Schnowzer
16th Apr 2016, 05:47
Standard Chartered are pretty good. When comparing deals make sure you add in Insurance and charges, they are done differently by different players.

Epiphone
16th Apr 2016, 05:55
Ballyboley, I sent you a PM

Regards,

E

TwinJock
16th Apr 2016, 09:31
My feeling about property ownership in the UAE has changed the last couple of years. In a country where you are at the whim of an employment visa, where you can loose your job in a day because of the way that you scratched your ear / nose / forehead, is definitely not a place where I will invest my hard earned cash or salary.

DEWA will be increasing drastically as subsidies are phased out, and guess who will be paying for that.....