PDA

View Full Version : RAeS YMS Failure is not an option' Conference on 20th Feb '02

mfuller_uk
8th Feb 2002, 03:38
Are these conferences any good, is it work going. Anyone already decided to go.

Michael Fuller PAFP. [email protected]

uk
8th Feb 2002, 03:47
I attended two or three of the RAeS Young Members' conferences while I was at university and I thought they were all fascinating. In the past they were extremely well organised and the quality and high profile of the speakers is very impressive. You get amazing value for money too - I think it's about £20 for the day which includes a slap up meal. I think it is either highly subsidised by the society or else the speakers do it for free. I would recommend going to anyone studying aero engineering, or looking to go into the aviation industry - I promise you that you will learn a great deal. It's also a good networking opportunity if you're into that.. .These are my honest opinions and I have no involvement with organising the conference or the society, except being a student member.

[ 07 February 2002: Message edited by: uk ]</p>

Daifly
8th Feb 2002, 12:13
I am a member, but I agree with what uk says.

I went to one a couple of years ago about Hazards in Aviation and found it one of the best, in value for money terms, conferences that I've ever been on.

There were speakers from the RAF, Airlines, NATS, UK Space Agency (yep, trust me!). Far more quality than you'd get elsewhere.

The food's good too.

Genghis the Engineer
8th Feb 2002, 12:37
I'm a very active member of the RAeS, but have nothing to do with that particular conference.

I've never been to even an average RAeS conference, and doubt if this will be any different - they are all very worthwhile. The YMS stuff is subsidised (I think it's a scale from £20 to £50 for the day depending upon who you are).

It does serve to emphasise also how useful 4 Hamilton Place is. They organise these things, do very good catering, and also it gives you a chance to dip into the (stunning) aeronautical library, pick up careers literature, etc. etc.

G

mfuller_uk
9th Feb 2002, 04:14
Thanks alot for the info, i will definatley go, it shounds too good to miss!

Is there anyone else going?

Michael Fuller PAFP. [email protected]