PDA

View Full Version : It's just a plan

Ana_Cleto
7th Apr 2016, 15:35
Don’t know if you guys and gals like the stock market, but if you do, probably seen a lot of times big trends developing.

Lucky dudes that enter them close to the beginning make a lot of profit. Others, enter somewhere in the middle, and still bag pretty decent money. There are others, finally, that bet on them blinded by the greens, ignoring the trend is about to plunge. The latters check in maybe because it was their time to do or maybe because they think that the squeeze will continue.

This EK thing is a lot about a trend with a start, a development and an end. And as the markets, there are powerful hands in the backstage driving it.

We are all yelling “don’t they realise that this kind of treatment will make people leave?” and there’s something that we may not be considering: what if that is exactly what they want? What if their wish for most of us is to, in a sustainable and neat pace, close our position in this share?

The Dubailand and DSO issue opened my eyes today. Naming both places is saying Emirates Pilots, and the fact that something like that does not matter anymore, added to many things that have been taking place in the last times, just tells me there’s a purpose, the deliberated aim of making it all different to what it has ever been. Little by little, steadily but not too fast. Touching first one parcel, then another, to complete the puzzle.

Cause there could be another possibility, and it is that they are so short sighted that cannot see that they are just spoiling a really nice business and missing their opportunity to make even more gold, followed by a free fall (the one that will take place after 2020, by the way…and not only in EK but in the whole sandpit)

But…no. These Armani tied fellas all over the world usually go 3 or 4 steps ahead of the rest of us. That’s not the thing.

The thing is just that in a market economy value generally mirrors price, and your value, our value, is high, therefore expensive. And one of the ways to reduce price is going the opposite way: Decrease value. Because it works both ways, if you want to bet for a lesser value that will bring you a continued reduced price just…reduce the price. Sell the expensive merchandise you still have in stock for a bargain, start to substitute it for cheaper and some day you will only have the cheap. And that’s what they are doing, because you and I are not asset, we are just stock.

They want you to leave. They do not want it to happen right now, and all at a time, but they are happy to see great professionals leaving as their price is reduced and swapped for others with less value that will cost a shorter price. They are also happy to retain everyone that has lowered its expectations to the point where facts are coming, to the price they have decided is the one they’re gonna pay. After that, they are sure that soon will come the day when the pilot body is mainly made up of individuals that are happy with the price offered, as their previous situations were much worse, and their own professional self- valuation is exactly the one that this industry has been promoting all over.

There will be a 2020, and in the ruins something like “Emirates Express” will be announced, with all its implications. If you are still here it maybe too late. But to start with, to make some other little bunch do the luggage, I reckon that round the corner is a poor 6% pay rise (step plus 3) and a 3 week profit share. Those disappointings, and some others more important and not related to money, will feed the leak of desertions that they want. Because they want you to leave.

So, if you entered the trend at a good price, you are most probably in the situation to enjoy and profit from your profession elsewhere. If you entered in the middle, check your earnings and make numbers, and finally if you are one of those who bought the wrong dip, make a plan. See how much of dividend there’s still in this falling stock, and try to stay enough to grab it tand start something else somewhere else, you may loose money in the deal but still get futures from here to go to another market.

If you just opened the position or are thinking about doing it, think: how much do you value yourself and where can you find a fair and balanced contract. It may be here, it may be not.

JAYTO
7th Apr 2016, 15:47
Or maybe the accomodation management team just made themselves a tidy bonus by saving a large amount of money by moving a shedload of families to the comany owned Meydan.

J

Deep and fast
7th Apr 2016, 18:02
BA cabin crew, same situation. Ryanair and Easyjet pilots, same situation. I could go on.
That's why many are looking for an out of the industry.

I've got a job now that won't work me to death and gives me time to earn a bit on the side.

Spoogie
7th Apr 2016, 18:07
I got my letter in December, but from a business point of view, why have all these empty villas which they own and pay rent for others? It certainly ain't about keeping us happy. It's about the logistics of it. Sad but TRUE!! :ugh:

jack schidt
7th Apr 2016, 18:42
Let's make up some possible figures to see why this is good business practice for EK to get everyone to Meydan.

Simple workable numbers for ease...ALL AED

Annual living out allowance or private ownership (company) paid rent is 200k pa.

Cost to EK per Meydan South 4 bed house is 700k and the land is free cost.

700k / 200k is 3.5 years to pay off the cost of each Meydan build. After 3.5 years each pilot is 200k more profitable to the company pa.

I can foresee the company offering ALL employees the opportunity for company housing. By saying that, those that live out or who own their own property have the choice to move back into company and let out their "home". If you chose to stay in your own home then you will be paying your own mortgage as you would back home (the non visa requirement home).

The company has the housing for all, take it or leave it (stay or go). The profits will soar even higher along with the taxes that will be introduced and increased year on year. The new norm is here, the brown bucket is filling up a lot quicker than the "other" bucket which seems to be getting much lighter as time moves on.

J