PDA

View Full Version : Commander Johnny Rawlins

david parry
14th Mar 2016, 06:49
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/12192619/Commander-Johnny-Rawlins-obituary.html

Basil
14th Mar 2016, 09:40
Recollect sitting at dinner with a BA captain who mentioned that he was ex FAA and, of course, triggered the obligatory inter service banter.
I wonder if those chaps are aware of how much their contribution is admired by those of us who have not had the 'pleasure' of throwing a jet aircraft at a heaving postage stamp?

tarantonight
14th Mar 2016, 20:50
Recollect sitting at dinner with a BA captain who mentioned that he was ex FAA and, of course, triggered the obligatory inter service banter.
I wonder if those chaps are aware of how much their contribution is admired by those of us who have not had the 'pleasure' of throwing a jet aircraft at a heaving postage stamp?

.......that there is only one comment here. This gentleman was a pioneer in jet aviation where luck helped, but skill won the day.

RIP Sir.
TN.

4Greens
15th Mar 2016, 08:58
Did time on Hermes when he was Flight Deck Officer. He did a very good job.

Ref the previous post : Famous golfer 'The more I practice the luckier I get!'

Hangarshuffle
15th Mar 2016, 18:18
Yes I noticed that - a couple of years as an FDO between flying jobs - bet that made him an even better rounded person than he already sounded. Perhaps they should do that again, when the new one(s) eventually come out? I mean get a pilot or Ob to work very closely with non-flyers and mostly junior rates, I also mean in the driving rain on the FD and dodging the flying brickbats that comes with it. Lord, there's a thought.
RIP Cdr Rawlins.