PDA

View Full Version : Beyond space

too_much
11th Mar 2016, 16:31
If your flying on a clear night over Saudi Arabia and you dim the cockpit lights down to a minimum you can get a very good view of the stars and space.

It is a great wonder as to what is beyond those stars, and how it all came
to be.

sbradley737
11th Mar 2016, 17:02
One can only hope an astroid pointed directly at Saudi Arabia.

FUSE PLUG
12th Mar 2016, 05:17
While in cruise over Somolia, I found myself questioning the length of time. Is time is linear? Is it an unceasing single direction metric, or can it be bent and twisted; distorting the length of any moment into an infinite period. Perhaps it is only our perception of time that is linear.

I then looked down and noticed there was a brown, tightly curled hair in my crew meal. I don't have brown hair. Was this a sign? Is the answer to my question sitting right there in my lap, resting atop my luke warm beef stroganoff? Time must be curly then; not unlike a pube. Perhaps it is not though. That wouldn't make any sense. That'd be ridiculous. Maybe time is actually the beef stroganoff itself. Maybe I've gone mad from the syphilis I contracted in my last São Paulo trip....

Wizofoz
12th Mar 2016, 05:30
It is a great wonder as to what is beyond those stars, and how it all came
to be.

If there were only some field of science that dealt with this.

We could give it a name- say "astro" for the stars, and "Onomy" for "Study of"

so, Onomyastro, or something similar.......

Ophion
12th Mar 2016, 05:52
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/cryptidz/images/6/6b/Aliens-meme.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150822174323

Macrohard
12th Mar 2016, 05:58
Mushrooms .... It all becomes clearer when I eat those mushrooms ....

Capn Rex Havoc
12th Mar 2016, 08:49
Didn't the Flying Spaghetti Monster kick it all off ? 😜

Che Xindamail
13th Mar 2016, 18:52
Time is relative. Coming back over the Indian Ocean enroute to DOH at 3am, with an 80kt headwind, I finally see OOMS at the top of my NAV display and I think I'm almost home in bed, when time suddenly stops. Either that, or the headwind increases to 500kt, because it takes foooreeeever to get home.

DILLIGAF.
15th Mar 2016, 06:39
and then you start the approach...almost home....time starts going backwards

Tube Rider
15th Mar 2016, 17:47
Funniest thing I have read on here for years.