PDA

View Full Version : More memorable moments

MeydanSurvivor
10th Mar 2016, 15:05
Fun times in the Heights (not sure why they call it "Heights" looking at this scene...) Still loving living in company accommodation here. Just waiting for them to get the power back on so I can run a water pump in the back yard area.

http://s9.postimg.org/kg7qrimfj/wet1.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/487trkmr1/wet3.jpg

You rock
11th Mar 2016, 10:16
just like the canals in venice, but its not

Cloud Bunny
11th Mar 2016, 12:22
Yeah a mate of mine lives down there, not good at all. He wasn't affected by the floods but has said they found some...shall we say 'toilet nasties' lying on the roads and pavements the following morning. What a treat!!

Dropp the Pilot
11th Mar 2016, 12:35
There are several "iconic" developments around town which go under about two feet of water every year at this time. For the first few years this was always marked with the owner's strident letters to the editor about the outrageous state of affairs. You will note that these letters no longer appear even though the floods continue.

Why?

The owners in question realise that they will have to sell their houses some day. Therefore, mum's the word and the devil take the hindmost.

Eau de Boeing
11th Mar 2016, 13:04
Ssssshhhhh don't tell the Meydan south lot there's a new pool. The place will be swamped.....

cost neutral
11th Mar 2016, 14:01
Well look at that, you really do get what you pay for !

White Knight
11th Mar 2016, 18:31
A) Used to get flooded every year at DIC Villas...

B) No floods at Meydan South - still awaiting that pool!!!

AutoAbort
11th Mar 2016, 19:29
Reminds me of fun memories from Garhoud about 10 years ago after a rainstorm. Rain was pouring out of the curcuit braker cabinet and soon there was flash and boom.. It was dark in the whole street. My wife emptied the freezer before the ice cream melted. It was a party for the kids in the street:-)
And the best part was next morning when the "proffesionals" showed up and looked at the charred remains. What do you mean replace? And then he took his huge hairdryer and blowed a little bit and then closed up the mess:-)

Eric Janson
13th Mar 2016, 12:54
Just take up a new sport - wakeboarding! :ok:

DNoTowLjQOk

fatbus
14th Mar 2016, 02:34
Autoabort - " Captain working no"

PositiveRate876
17th Mar 2016, 15:07
Lovely lake view! They should call it The Lakes at Maydan.

Careful with the water pump, you might go over your DEWA cap and get it deducted from your April paycheck.