PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Medical Services

flareflyer
5th Mar 2016, 07:53
How can it be possible that us as pilots don't have the chance to go to an hospital for emergencies????
On our card is written referral required..........you call the clinic and it is fully booked......what are you supposed to do????????
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

motley flight crue
5th Mar 2016, 08:38
I went after a flight late at night. Felt rotten. Crew transport took me to city hospital, used ID card and was admitted. Got referral by phone a few days later. It wasn't an issue.

givemewings
5th Mar 2016, 10:31
One can obtain the list of hospitals which we can go to with just company ID without a referral. If it is an emergency your costs will be covered. If it is deemed to be something which could have waited for the clinic to open, then you'll get a lovely salary deduction. (So don't bother for something like a cold unless you also have a high fever with it)

As for the clinic, download the group medical app. I've never had problems getting an appointment in the early morning when checking if vacancies have opened overnight. SZR is always a winner if you're willing to go there.

scandistralian
5th Mar 2016, 21:18
I chopped the top of my finger off attempting to cook a couple of years back, went straight to City Hospital, presented the insurance card no issues at all, no referal required.