PDA

View Full Version : EK with new FTL rules

Flybartfcp
2nd Mar 2016, 09:22
Hi guys.
I'm not a EK pilot, but I was offered a DEC position there some years ago. At the time I couldn't accept it, and felt bad about it, but from what I read here, nowadays it might have been my lucky day.
I am curious about the new FTL rules in Europe and EK, as in EK they seem to base themselves on UK's cap. Those rules are having a moderate impact in my current outfit, and our rosters don't even compare to EK. Have you seen any changes in your roster? Because what I read here would leave EK way out of line in terms of crew rest. Do they have a FRM(fatigue risk monitoring) in place? This is just out of curiosity and due to my continuous interest in the airline(plenty of friends there). Many thanks

Eau de Boeing
2nd Mar 2016, 11:44
Chair.......... Check
Popcorn...... Check

If you're curious about rosters at EK, there's a website you should have
a look at. PPRuNe Forums - Professional Pilots Rumour Network (http://www.pprune.org).
There you might find some posts on EK rosters.
Alternatively ask your "friends" at EK, you probably have an 8/31 chance of
catching them at home.

harry the cod
2nd Mar 2016, 17:02
Yes, EK does have a FRMS in place and has done for many years. There is even a direct link on the crew portal for pilots to access it and..........oh, wait. Scrub that. It says it's under construction with a cartoon of a lego man with a 'work in progress' theme going on. Meant to be funny?

It's actually been 'under construction' for over 3 years and there's no information whatsoever relating to Fatigue issues. So yes, it's a joke alright!

Harry

LHR Rain
3rd Mar 2016, 00:35
Yes it is a joke, just like the airline we slave for.
There is hope on the horizon, 12 weeks profit share because of a $4.5 Billion profit announcement. That still won't be enough to make up for what they stole from us but it will help.
If only I could launder the Bonus in Panama. How will I get there?