PDA

View Full Version : Lynx 9a radalt.

Genghis the Engineer
28th Feb 2016, 13:41
Lynx 9 radalt.

Could somebody educate me on an issue I'm looking into.

On the Lynx 9a - AIUI, the two sides each have a radalt warning bug, but in descent , only the higher setting of the two will cause a warning?

Is that correct? And also what does the audio warning sound like?

By all means PM or email me anybody knowledgeable who wants me to explain myself - although I suspect that it's probably obvious to anyone on the Lynx force.

G

Just This Once...
28th Feb 2016, 17:42
Warning goes off when you descend through the set height. If one rad alt is set higher than the other then clearly it will go off first when you descend. If you descend through the height bugged on the other rad alt display then the warning will sound again. If the first one is re-bugged at a lower height still and you descend through it again it will go off again etc etc.

Genghis the Engineer
28th Feb 2016, 18:25
Thanks Just, that's really useful.

Presumably it doesn't self cancel as you descend - does it have to be manually cancelled? And if you don't, would it just keep sounding the same regardless of whether you descent through the lower bug height or not?

G

Just This Once...
28th Feb 2016, 19:27
Manually cancelled, which kills the audio but the low light stays on. Or you can re-bug it to a lower height.

Genghis the Engineer
28th Feb 2016, 21:51
Thanks - useful gen.

Can I ask the other "should know, but don't" question - what's it sound like?

G

John Eacott
28th Feb 2016, 23:35
Ghengis,

This is common to most dual radalt installations with adjustable warning bugs, not just the Lynx.

It can be useful for approaches where the P2 can adjust to varying settings, whilst the P1 sets the MDA (or similar) as a final check.