PDA

View Full Version : EK OM-A Hidden Negative Changes

aeropix
23rd Feb 2016, 07:29
After reading the Roster publication thread and "discovering" that the reference for roster publication 7-days before the next month has been "mysteriously" deleted I got to thinking about the other small recent negative changes that have occurred. And I thought it might deserve a separate thread to keep track of the degradations:

Call out pay for example. It used to say " call out pay will be paid to a pilot whose day off is lost " now it has been changed to specify that only if you volunteer to start a trip on your day off it will be paid. So they can remove any number of day off by extending trips without any compensation.

Of course even though the negative changes are made quickly, they still have not managed to incorporate the new lower productivity thresholds - surprise!

Can you guys list other small deletions / changes that have had a negative impact on our lifestyles? It might be interesting to collect all these changes in one place for our benefit. After all they won't be advertised to us directly from the bouncy place!

Rotating Bacon
23rd Feb 2016, 08:38
why even bother, just resign, why you want to work for people like that, you only live once

QCM
23rd Feb 2016, 08:45
Gosh would need to open that book again:*

The Outlaw
23rd Feb 2016, 20:04
Bacon is right,

Don't sell your digity to these clowns. Better to be happy with dignity than rich with contempt for oneself.

Neptune Spear
23rd Feb 2016, 22:30
Best thing you can do for you and your family is to leave Emirates as soon as you can. I can't tell you how much better you will feel.
As countless pilots have said before I only wish I could have resigned sooner.

lfrk
24th Feb 2016, 13:36
I was swapping flights around and surprise...
It used to be clear, 120h rest time between East and West, now it's 100h!! according to system.
Another way of putting more flights on the same roster.
Lucky enough I am on the 380, I saw some 777 rosters :mad::mad: not good captain, it's getting very fxxxcking dangerous.

linedriva
26th Feb 2016, 09:15
Ifrk - the 120hrs between east/west was only ever a swapping restriction. They could always roster you however they wanted. Reducing it to 100hrs is actually a slight improvement.