PDA

View Full Version : Red arrows display coningsby friday 26th feb

KPax
22nd Feb 2016, 18:32
I hear that the Red's are doing a display on Friday 26th Feb, I thought the displays didn't happen until after Spring Hawk or have they got their Red suits already.

David Thompson
22nd Feb 2016, 21:53
And at Linton the following week , Thursday 3 March for an 09:55 arrival .

Genstabler
22nd Feb 2016, 23:17
Not public displays. Part of the work up training, practice displays in different venues away from Scampton.

David Thompson
23rd Feb 2016, 09:05
Not public displays
True , but impossible to restrict the public viewing them and to keep the Reds within the airfield boundary plus both CBY and Linton have public viewing areas too .
Well worth a look if you are in the vicinity of either .

mopardave
23rd Feb 2016, 09:20
True , but impossible to restrict the public viewing them and to keep the Reds within the airfield boundary plus both CBY and Linton have public viewing areas too .
Well worth a look if you are in the vicinity of either .

Thanks for the heads up DT......weather permitting, I'll be spending the morning at Linton then!

MD:ok:

cessnapete
23rd Feb 2016, 10:31
As per the new CAA display restrictions, presumably there will be observers monitoring the public roads around the airfield. If the road traffic gets heavy the Reds display/practice will be stopped or display parameters/ heights changed mid display as happened to participants last year at Duxford?

Background Noise
23rd Feb 2016, 11:01
CAA restrictions do not apply - this is military activity.

cessnapete
23rd Feb 2016, 11:38
I didn't know that military participants in air displays were exempt from the new CAA display restrictions. What's the difference, Military /Civil if a due technical fault/pilot error bits of metal drop on a public road during an air display?
How do you mitigate the risk for instance at the Farnborough Show where monitoring public roads is impossible from the airfield.

teeteringhead
23rd Feb 2016, 13:09
cessnapete

I didn't know that military participants in air displays were exempt from the new CAA display restrictions. On these occasions they are not "military participants in air displays", just 9 guys flying military aircraft at military airfields! ;)

If you look very closely, as it's pre-Spring Hawk, they'll even be in green flying suits!