PDA

View Full Version : An even bigger profit share from Delta this year

RoyalEnfield
15th Feb 2016, 22:54
Delta Air Lines is giving its employees a $1.5 billion reward - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/delta-air-lines-is-giving-its-employees-a-15-billion-reward-2016-2)

The Outlaw
16th Feb 2016, 05:00
"We are often asked what makes Delta different,” Delta CEO Richard Anderson and President Ed Bastian said in a memo to employees.

"The difference is you. Our unique people-focused culture is the advantage that none of our competitors can match."

Wow...recognition of people in a people based service industry...what an idea:hmm:

donpizmeov
16th Feb 2016, 05:37
What a fantastic turn around. They were sacking low paid workers for speaking out just over a year ago.

https://www.rt.com/usa/213711-delta-employee-low-wage-protest/.

LHR Rain
16th Feb 2016, 17:22
I don't know what sacking one worker who broke the rules and a record profit share have to do with each other but I'm hoping for 10 weeks at EK. With oil at $30 a barrel and low wages (much lower than Delta's) we should reap the same bonus.

Calmcavok
16th Feb 2016, 19:17
The profit share target for 15/16 is 7.7 Billion AED. With 3.7 Billion away in the first half its going to have to be smashed by some margin to get 10 weeks. The target for 14/15 was 3.7 Billion and we did 5.5 Billion. We got 9 weeks. To hit similar numbers for profit share, the group would need to hit close to 10 Billion!

We'll get what they decide to give us. I'd be amazed if it's more than 4 weeks.

nolimitholdem
16th Feb 2016, 19:55
I don't know what sacking one worker who broke the rules and a record profit share have to do with each other

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, but I think it was just don trying to take some weird little shot at the Americans.

I mean, it's not like EK ever mistreats or pays their workers poorly, right? Oh wait...that's their whole business model...good thing they're located close to an endless pool of desperate workers, hmmm? (Meanwhile, the relatively better paid ones - aka pilots - are leaving for lower paying jobs, no jobs at all, etc...)

I love how DAL can make a massive profit even in a place with things like laws, labour protections, taxes, etc...helps underline just how truly corrupt things are at the ME 3.

The Outlaw
17th Feb 2016, 02:09
I think its a hard thing to really compare as the ME3 are government (or government concern) airlines so who really knows what their bottom line is.

Nolimit is right, if you compare apple for apples, the USA and Euro airlines work within the limits and confines of taxes, unions, labor laws, governing bodies, highly taxed fuel etc. By comparison if DAL made 1.5 million then EK should be able to easily double or triple it in real terms, given their " unique business model " or whatever TC tells the world EK does to be so successful. If you can't make money in the ME then its because you've started a pig farm by mistake.

However their achilles-heel may turn out to be location if Iran and Saudi turn up the heat or something happens that would stop the traveller from coming through or to the region.

fatbus
17th Feb 2016, 23:59
1.5 Bil and it only works out to 21.4% to each employee or 2.5 months. How many employees are ther?