PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Aeronautical College

citabria06g
15th Feb 2016, 10:27
Looking for information on Qatar Aeronautical College - pay, morale, expat-Qatari relations, any help given on arrival (temporary accommodation?) etc. Currently considering a job as sim engineer.

I've worked in the UAE so not under any illusion as to treatment of expats. I have read about the kafala system and know about exit visas. Would appreciate comments on quality of life in Doha, things to do, quality of primary schools, stress on marriage, etc. Wikipedia seems to suggest even Europeans/Americans are blackmailed at end of contract, with EOSB sacrificed in order to get one's passport back - I find this particularly alarming.

For those in the know - I'm not a fan of Dubai, but feel free to compare to Abu Dhabi.

Thanks

LPVL
28th Oct 2016, 09:00
Hello all,

I have an EASA PPL, Night Flight and IR Rating.
As I am in Qatar for a period of time, I wonder if I can enroll QAC to perform MEP and CPL (remaining modules to achieve frozen ATPL).

Contacting the school directly has been hard, they are keeping changing their open schedules, sometimes no one speaks english on the phone, etc.

From the info I go, they only provide GCAA courses, not EASA.

Does anyone can confirm this?

Any feedback from this school?

Thank you,
Daniel.