PDA

View Full Version : Leave is out

donpizmeov
7th Feb 2016, 10:10
More forced leave.
May the fleas of 10 million camels infest Bouncy castle.

PGA
7th Feb 2016, 10:34
Nothing I asked for, two forced blocks of 7 in 2017 :ugh::ugh::ugh:

And every single ad-hoc request for 5 days has been denied since Oct 2015.....

DuneMentat
7th Feb 2016, 10:39
Got what i wanted - all 42 days assigned (all off peak).

777 FO

Biket
7th Feb 2016, 11:17
(Not really a highjack)

I'm looking for any info regarding the possibility to grapple a few days off / month, 6 hours away from dxb. Is there any company built limitation ? And maybe how many hours are you expected to return before your next duty?

Could someone please shed a light on what a 380 roster does look like (FO if possible) ?

Thanks!

SOPS
7th Feb 2016, 12:15
You got a block of 2 days leave? 2 days? How is that leave?

uba737
7th Feb 2016, 12:16
3rd year in a row getting 30 days!:= Bank up to 36 days!:ugh:

Pointer
7th Feb 2016, 12:19
BIKET.. go play somewhere else.. this is the grumpy corner.. :(

All forced.. now total of 30days in two blocks of 15, one block is wanted.. other completely useless..

every time they pull this trick now.. for three years running.. "our sincere apologies but due to unforeseen problems we are not able to publish [fill in the contractual obligation of your choice] on time. thank you for your understanding." a very weak excuse for something called "management" :D:D:D:D

Rotating Bacon
7th Feb 2016, 12:52
got 30 days of leave, 17 allocated haha, I resigned already but they didn't get the memo

lospilotos
7th Feb 2016, 13:51
Is it really out for all? Can't see any more leave, nor any "rejected".

Nedul
7th Feb 2016, 15:21
Absolute idiots.......really taking the piss now.
Had 13 days over Christmas and new year. No complaints there but now added 5 more days to it and another unwanted 12 in March 2017.
If they want me to leave, they're doing a great job pushing!!!
Joke is an understatement!
:ugh:

adel
7th Feb 2016, 16:29
Absolute idiots.......really taking the piss now.
Had 13 days over Christmas and new year. No complaints there but now added 5 more days to it and another unwanted 12 in March 2017.
If they want me to leave, they're doing a great job pushing!!!
Joke is an understatement!
:ugh:

I had 8 days until Dec 19, just outside of peak leave and now they've allocated 6 more days , taking me all the way to the 25th..
As much as I'm appreciative having Xmas day off , I'm probably now considered to have peak leave and won't be able to bid for peak leave next year.
Would that assumption be correct???
Not happy EK

Don Corleone
7th Feb 2016, 16:36
If I remember it correctly it need to be at least 7 days into peak to be considered peak leave.

Fire Ball XL5
7th Feb 2016, 17:32
Hey guys,
Does it really have to be this hard??? :sad: REALLY??
Seems every corner we turn we find one issue after another; Leave, monthly bids, 100 hour rosters, swap system, and trying to get ALT/and leave on an EK aircraft.
Transparency is a 4 letter word here at EK... they would rather you look forever for some God forsaken email sent a billion years ago and reference it....just like trying to find something in the OMA... Geez... does it have to be this hard??
At what point do you wake up and smell the coffee... This outfit is running on Redbull trying to put out fires, and put a smiley face on everything. Just like the "Happy News" you get from Gulf news.... It's simply fake.
God forbid all you holding "the bag" when ISIS or some other dumb **** decides to take revenge on the UAE... Thankfully... I'll be LONG gone!
Please don't take me wrong... the ONE thing I enjoy and respect here at EK is the crew I fly with.... but enough is enough...
While the "Bouncy Castle" keeps spewing kool-aid... I hope many who are of the ability, move... and move soon... let's make room for more folks willing to bet their career....:ouch:

fatbus
7th Feb 2016, 23:37
I think this is going to be a "big year" for EK.

Cenrifugel
8th Feb 2016, 01:45
So true Fire Ball. Everything in this place is one struggle after another. Getting a visa, trying to get a villa, even the upgrade process. Trying to get to your home country once a year on your one measly free ticket a year, if you lucky enough to get any leave, again another struggle. Even trying to get your kids into a decent school, another struggle with endless waiting lists. Pilots are enemy number one here and a massive Inconvenience to the company. The atmosphere in the flightdeck is amazing but once you step off the airplane in Dubai and have to deal with day to day life here it's a fight and a struggle for every inch.

donpizmeov
8th Feb 2016, 04:15
Can I ask that if you are not happy with your leave, or did not get the full entitlement (42 days) please write to JA and politely voice your concern.

Schnowzer
8th Feb 2016, 06:24
Nothing this time. 30 days non-peak. Capt A380

nakbin330
8th Feb 2016, 07:00
14 days late 2016 (requested); 8, 1 (yes, 1) and 7 days randomly given over the first three months of 2017.

There's my 30 days.

Basic Service
8th Feb 2016, 08:01
Got given one day of peak leave in 15/16, the very last one which was the 9th of Jan. As a result ( the rule about having at least 7 days of peak leave for it to count does not start until 16/17 ) I don't "qualify for peak leave. Yes I have asked about it and no I didn't get anywhere. I didn't even want the 9th of Jan off.

So this year I've got 16 days days off ( end of Oct into Nov )...No other leave awarded, now carrying 44 days leave balance...List of rejected leave now too long to fit on the page.

In addition to this sorry tale, my leave is about 10 months apart and has been for the last 2 years ( no peak )

330 left seat.....Cant wait to see the back of that fleet!:ok:

motley flight crue
8th Feb 2016, 10:13
Stand up for yourself. Go sit outside JA door until he sees you and maybe you will get somewhere. Pprune won't help. Just a thought!!!!

fatbus
8th Feb 2016, 10:25
All but a few EK are all talk no action. Until there is action things will not change. Everyone says noway will they waste a day off going to the fleet forum, but this next one is ideal to voice concerns. EK children quit bitching and do something.

kcar
8th Feb 2016, 13:57
Leave round 1: Nil
Leave round 2: Nil

Total leave 2016: 9 days (forced)

natops
8th Feb 2016, 14:14
Does it GET any better? Hmmmm

CATI
8th Feb 2016, 15:29
Any information how's the situation at QR or down the road - do they get full leave there?

Thanks.

harry the cod
8th Feb 2016, 18:39
I agree 100% with fatbus. There is always going to be some leave at times we hadn't requested but if people have been given only 1 or 2 days leave in isolation, that's ridiculous. Reject it! Not sure what the 'rules' are as I've been lucky to get two blocks of several weeks off peak as requested but they're obviously filling in odd days to achieve the legal minimum. That's not leave, that's days off!

So, stop whinging on here and spend a far more productive 15 minutes composing a factual email to JA, copying in HD (DSVP Fleet) and your CP. Bleating on here doesn't solve the problem and actually makes it worse.

Less new joiners, less leave availability! :uhoh:

Harry

CamelRustler
9th Feb 2016, 04:32
I also agree with FB 100%. However, we have been short pilots now for years. At least 7. EK has had plenty of opportunity to hire sufficient pilots to insure we all get decent leave. They have not done so. Pilot leave while contributing greatly to our overall happiness, is not, and has not ever been important to management. EK will only try to hire enough pilots to keep it all afloat.

harry the cod
9th Feb 2016, 07:11
....and to provide the healthy bonus each year that our recently retired DSVP 'probably' received as a result of below optimum manpower numbers. Somebody has to pay for the Chateau in France!

I don't envy for one minute the challenges the new incumbent has to face in resolving the mess we're currently in.

Harry

troff
9th Feb 2016, 09:18
30 days. All non peak. Got a week of 10 days I requested in April, something forced in the fall, and two forced (separate) weeks next spring- eight days apart… :ugh:

lospilotos
9th Feb 2016, 11:14
Wouldn't it be good to have the calendar in the leave amendment module too, so you get some kind of idea of where it's less likely that your ad-hoc request will be rejected...

Guess the calendar would be all red days anyway, but even so...

donpizmeov
9th Feb 2016, 12:28
Write and tell JA. Unless you voice this stuff it will never change.

Rather Be Skiing
9th Feb 2016, 13:31
Write and tell JA. Unless you voice this stuff it will never change.

Unfortunately Fleet has no direct say over our scheduling and leave etc. These are separate departments that do not answer to Fleet.

Since, outside of Fleet, the rest of EK does not care about the issues of the pilot group, there is not much chance of our concerns being addressed.

It has been demonstrated time and again that there is little, if any, respect, appreciation or concern for employees. I don't expect that to change.

Can't hurt to voice this stuff as you say. Just keep expectations realistically low.

aussiefarmer
11th Feb 2016, 01:15
Got a month of leave sitting in my bank right now. My last 10+ Adhoc requests were rejected.

Blatant breach of my contractual agreement. And the worst part is that with that backlog, EK will never be able to give us back those days.

At least the law protects us. Oh, wait.

nolimitholdem
11th Feb 2016, 13:29
Use the banked leave to conduct interviews with other employers. Be proactive and inform said employers you are available between such and such dates.

You might be surprised how well it works...:ok:

Talparc
12th Feb 2016, 07:03
Or just wait a little bit as most companies now come to the pit!

in case you did not get your planned leave/off

Slash787
22nd Feb 2016, 16:53
So if the dates you have chosen doesn't gets accepted, then they just randomly select the dates on their own?

That is absurd, the airline which I work with, I get 30 days off, but I can only choose 15 days at a time, for me its never rejected, for some it is rejected, but the pilots can choose another date on their own.

ExDubai
22nd Feb 2016, 18:11
That is absurd....
Nope, that's EK :mad:

my salami
22nd Feb 2016, 18:57
Slash, are you for real??:{:{

120feet
22nd Feb 2016, 19:05
They take it away too. Have a friend who had March leave. It just got yanked last week. Also, they will redistribute it in small blocks. You will still fly a full months worth of productivity, just with few more days off than usual. So basically it's not vacation. Imagine saying to the office staff. "We're giving you the last week of the month as leave. However, the rest of the month you will work 10 hour days." Some may wonder why EK pilots are leaving.