PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic CC

Dr Van Deferens
23rd Jun 2002, 10:35
I was wondering if anyone has any information on the latest VS recruitment?

What sort of numbers are they looking for, what are the working conditions/rosters like for new joiners, pay etc....

Also, does anyone know when the new batch will be starting?

Thanks very much...

The Dr.

High as a Kite
25th Jun 2002, 19:51
I don't know the exact numbers being recruited however it is well under way and the first couple of new groups have already got their wings.

Also have a look at the thread entitled "Virgin Atlantic Questions......" started by the unknown in April 2002.

Good luck!:D

dickyflys
10th Jul 2002, 14:20
Yep, recruitment in huge numbers and management having to fly the line as juniors in August! Why?, it's crap here and everybody is off!

Don't bother!

High as a Kite
10th Jul 2002, 21:14
dickflys, you won't be surprised that I have to disagree with your comments.

Recruitment can hardly be described as being in huge numbers, with an average of three courses running per month.

It's crap here and everybody's off is a rather exaggerated statement and far from the truth.

You know as well as I do the reasons why Cabin Services Management are coming on line during July (not August).

Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion and you have made your feelings abundantly clear. However there are people reading this forum who are excited at the prospect of working for Virgin Atlantic so there is no need to rain on their parade with distortions of the truth.

Let's just agree to disagree.;)

dickyflys
13th Jul 2002, 13:51
Ever so sorry I got the month wrong! Silly me. 3 courses a month is a lot of people needed for an airline that isn't expanding beyond a JFK in October. Flights are crew down in big numbers and management having to fly as juniors???? Like Hello! It doesn't take a brain surgeon!

I am only aware of the reasons given in the memo to Cabin Crew. Mainly that they have high sickness (everybody is fed up) and that those crew previously earmarked to return to Virgin or join are not even bothering to turn up for courses(fed up before they even joined)

I am not being negative or bitter as I work at Virgin. I am merely pointing out well known facts that there is an exodus due to very poor morale and people just not being able to afford to work there anymore!