PDA

View Full Version : EK medical .. useful info.

nakbin330
24th Jan 2016, 17:33
Once you've completed the online GCAA form you'll be sent an email with a reference number. You'll be asked for it during the nurses appointment.

Fuzuma
24th Jan 2016, 19:32
Eh??.....??

The Outlaw
25th Jan 2016, 02:21
That is true.

You will also have to go in before your medical to have a blood test done. The physicians need to have it during the physical. TCEOH claims it must be done 2 weeks prior but results can be had same day as its done on site.

EASA requires a hemoglobin test but the GCAA have opted for a full blood count just to have that extra "1/2 inch" on everyone else. Not testing for CDT or other liver functions yet but I'll guess they'll sneak that in sometime down the road.

A former company used to do full blood-work annually which comprised of cholesterol, blood count, liver functions and a host of other stuff. It's not necessarily a bad thing if you live a balanced life and one had a full medical history on file. Of course that was in a country with civil rights, modern laws and a recovery program paid for by the company if it was needed...designed to help and protect the worker!

I just figure I'll work to 56 or whenever they pull my ticket, then go home and fish.