PDA

View Full Version : (AIRBUS)FD's in windshear above 13000 ft AGL - AIRBUS

positionbusbo
24th Jan 2016, 15:01
Hello

Airbus 320 FCOM says: For takeoff windshear detection is only upto 1300 ft AGL

If after takeoff a/c gets into windshear below 1300 ft agl, and you follow the FD bars (which are ofcourse giving u windshear guidance) you eventually climb and pass out of 1300 ft agl , and are still in windshear conditions, What will the FD bars show now as you pass above 1300 ft agl, since the windshear detection is only provided upto 1300 ft AGL

will the FD bars above 1300 ft agl still give me windshear guidance, if yes ..how??? since the FCOM says wind shear protection is only upto 1300 agl.

Kindly help me with this

Magnus456
24th Jan 2016, 16:40
The FD's do not have a windshear mode, or windshear guidance.

If the aircraft detects windshear, it will shout "windshear, windshear, windshear".

The Pilot flying will then select TOGA thrust and the FD's will command SRS, you can then follow the SRS FD's demands as long as you still believe you are in windshear. This can be above 1300' of course.

The aircraft does not specifically give windshear guidance, just windshear detection.

seen_the_box
24th Jan 2016, 16:48
The aircraft does not specifically give windshear guidance, just windshear detection.

Not really correct. The FDs when windshear is detected and TOGA is selected are specially adapted (optimised) compared to the standard SRS. Following the SRS as long as it's available will give guidance for the optimal escape manoueveure.

you can then follow the SRS FD's demands as long as you still believe you are in windshear. This can be above 1300' of course.

Not necessarily. Let's say you have a low altitude set in the FCU. The FDs may go into ALT* mode; hence the guidance to maintain 17.5° if FDs no available, and you're still in the shear.

I-2021
24th Jan 2016, 17:58
Hello

Airbus 320 FCOM says: For takeoff windshear detection is only upto 1300 ft AGL

If after takeoff a/c gets into windshear below 1300 ft agl, and you follow the FD bars (which are ofcourse giving u windshear guidance) you eventually climb and pass out of 1300 ft agl , and are still in windshear conditions, What will the FD bars show now as you pass above 1300 ft agl, since the windshear detection is only provided upto 1300 ft AGL

will the FD bars above 1300 ft agl still give me windshear guidance, if yes ..how??? since the FCOM says wind shear protection is only upto 1300 agl.

Kindly help me with this

Hi positionbusbo,

try here (http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/508730-srs-mode-during-windshear-a320.html)

Cheers

Stone_cold
24th Jan 2016, 18:17
Seen_the_box.

Any reference for this optimised SRS in windshear ?

Magnus456
24th Jan 2016, 22:04
FCOM - DSC - 22_40-40 Windshear Detection Function, Guidance