PDA

View Full Version : Jetairfly Belgium E190

VB
23rd Jan 2016, 00:22
Hi, I see Jetairfly are recruiting for contract E190 captains for 2016. Has anyone worked for them on contract ? What are the selection procedures like, have heard there is a tough written !, what are working conditions like ? Thanks.

GusHoneybun
23rd Jan 2016, 09:51
I worked there in 2014 for a season. I enjoyed my time and thought they were a good mob to work for.

Selection: This was a face to face interview (in english thankfully) with the Fleet Captain and a HR monkey. Nothing difficult, just the usual tell me about yourself. Afterwards was a technical test. It's about 120 questions taken from very obscure parts of the AOM. I prepared as much as I could but even then there were some questions made me think they were for another type!

Working: They had all contractors on a 100% roster for the summer. You can elect to take your annual leave as 2 days off each month, and tag them onto any off block to give you 3-4 days off. I have seen recently that they might be doing commuting contracts this year as they are struggling to get crew so this might have changed. Expect 90-100 hours a month and watch out for the blanc days. Not sure they are legal, but they appear on your roster. The good thing about the embraer fleet is that it is mostly flown by contract captains, so you are kind of left alone to do your thang. The FO's are all very good and like to tell you so.

Contractair: Never had a problem with them, they paid me on time and always the correct amount. The money they promise you is what you get paid.

In short, I enjoyed my time there and I was looking to go back this summer. As I had already done a season, there was no need to do the selection again. They just offered me a start date. I didn't take it as I found something better.

Good luck if you apply, it's probably the best contract for the E190 at the moment.

VB
24th Jan 2016, 21:46
Thanks Gus, might well give it a try. What was the accommodation like out there, could you take partner with you ? I see there is also the option for an allowance for you to rent your own.

Face The Wind
21st Feb 2017, 19:35
Hello,

TuiFly Belgium is also hiring F/O for the E190. I'm looking for some infos on the assessment, if you have anything please let me know :ok: