PDA

View Full Version : Indiegogo campaign for pilot training

spiitfire
20th Jan 2016, 12:43
Hello everyone!

I have been selected for a cadet program with a job guarantee. But I don't have all the money needed for it. My family isn't wealthy and we can't take a loan. This is my dream and I definitely want to become a pilot.

Do you think it is a good idea to start an indiegogo or kickstarter campaign to raise funds to start the training? Have you heard someone who succeeded in something similar?

Thank you!

PPRuNe Towers
20th Jan 2016, 12:50
A few people have tried.

When they post here their message never appears. It might just help someone because copy cats jumping in means that an already risky chance will disappear.

Rob

BaronVonBarnstormer
20th Jan 2016, 12:56
I had a quick look on kickstarter for guys doing this a while back, and none of them seem to have got much more than the cost of a taxi fare to the flying school. But nothing is impossible.....

Its a long shot but you could try asking your future employer to secure a loan for you.

Or look at getting an unsecured loan. I know ATPL Finance will lend up to £15k unsecured. There will be a few banks out there that will do unsecured loans but the APR is usually fairly steep.

BVB

Martin_123
20th Jan 2016, 14:52
people at kickstarter want to see either unique ideas coming to life or fun stuff - no-one will pay for someone's training. Its not charity, people want something in return. Figure out what's in it for them - why not promise a documentary on how to become a pilot or whatever - show them that it's not just about you and come up with a way to not look naive or selfish. You have to put a spin on it