PDA

View Full Version : Ek tkt for friends

Raffa
19th Jan 2016, 12:33
Hi everyone.
I asked an Ek pilot if they have buddy tkts to givr a friend and he told me yes.
Can anyone tell me, once issued, how much would a cancrllation fee cost me? (if i cant go anymore)
Thank you

thefoxandfirkin
19th Jan 2016, 13:15
I don't think there is one. However, friends tickets changed recently and you now have to list out all your mates first and only for that named list can you get tickets. Its paid out of salary and the refund only comes back through pay so you might have to wait a while until you staff friend pays up from the refund.

If you don't turn up for a flight without cancelling everyone loses.

lospilotos
19th Jan 2016, 13:23
100 AED for economy and 200 for business class.

Raffa
19th Jan 2016, 13:33
Thanks!
So if an EK pilot, gives me and lists me on a flight, but i end up cancelling it for whatever reason, he gets the whole price refund, except 100 AED for the cancellation fee, correct?

Eau de Boeing
19th Jan 2016, 14:07
No, an EK pilot unless he/she is a cadet does not have to list you as a friend (yet).

The cancellation fee I believe only applies if you no-show for the flight as it's a firm booking. Otherwise if you cancel it before departure then I believe it will be fully refunded but the staff member can not use that ticket again for someone else so in effect loses the ticket.

The refund, as stated above will come through salary refund the following payroll month.

kipper the dog
19th Jan 2016, 14:14
Eau, Lospilotos is correct on this one - speaking from personal experience, if you cancel a ticket you pay the "admin" fee of 100 or 200DHS and also forfeit the ticket.

Nice huh?

Raffa
19th Jan 2016, 14:21
it is kind of stupid......i mean, if I cannot use it anymore, ill pay the 100 aed fee, but the ticket should be re-usable for him to give it to someone else......
I guess not.......

lospilotos
19th Jan 2016, 14:46
It used to be that even a cancelled ticket was a lost ticket from your allocation, but with the 2016 special tickets an unused, cancelled and refunded ticket gets back in your bank of the 10 tickets.

kipper the dog
19th Jan 2016, 14:46
In any normal airline that would be the case Raffa, but we are talking about Emirates here, not exactly the most employee friendly airline.

Eau de Boeing
19th Jan 2016, 15:00
In that case I stand corrected on both counts!

I am amazed you managed to get the seats available in the first place.:ugh:

BLOGGSON
21st Jan 2016, 12:13
Pilots don't have to submit that list of family and buddies to use special tickets.