PDA

View Full Version : Using EK SRC tickets post resignation?

Kapitanleutnant
12th Jan 2016, 17:46
All...

Has anyone having used their SRC tickets after having resigned from EK... and if so, how long did it take between listing for the flight and actually getting the ticket PNR before?

Have heard it takes considerably longer and one must make listing a bit in advance.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kap

gehenna
12th Jan 2016, 18:08
Hi Kap

Well, I resigned around a year ago.

I had a couple of SRC's left in the bank, which as you may be aware, have to be issued within 12 months of your leaving and used within 12 months of date of issue. I recently applied for them. You have to email [email protected] with all details;

Your s/number
Pax name
Date(s) of trips
Flt No
Where you wish to collect tickets (this is where you have to pay any applicable tax)

It took STC less than a week to send me the authority etc.

Hope that helps!

Enjoy life away from EK!

MrMachfivepointfive
13th Jan 2016, 02:37
Just to add on that. If you include your CC number as mode of payment, they will email you the e-ticket directly. Requires a modicum of trust, but so far worked for me.

Kapitanleutnant
14th Jan 2016, 08:52
Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciate it.

Kap

Over
17th Jan 2016, 02:39
Small thing that might help.
I recently used my last SRC and had trouble getting on a flt out of Dubai by two year date.
With only a very small amount of groveling a very nice lady at EGHQ Staff travel extended the expiry date.

Kapitanleutnant
17th Jan 2016, 04:11
Hahahaha....

Good one, Over!!! Always enjoy a good laugh... a "very nice lady at EGHQ staff travel".... Haaa.. that's a knee slapper!!

Seriously though... thanks for that info... It does seem they treated me much nicer when I was leaving than when I was actively employed there. Never could figure that one out.

Thanks Over!!

Kap