PDA

View Full Version : US military free accomodation

NutLoose
12th Jan 2016, 15:07
You couldn't make it up,

Civilian Found Living With Special Forces On Base (http://news.sky.com/story/1618329/civilian-found-living-with-special-forces-on-base)

smujsmith
12th Jan 2016, 19:01
It's a big base Nutty, easy for someone to "blend in" I would have thought. Now, if you want to know about "illegal lodgers", my first posting from Halton in the very early 70's was RAF Colerne. One of our SNCO kept a female in a Fird Anglia on the station car park, behind the stations Astra cinema. A few of us were detailed to ensure the young lady was "properly looked after". My own task being to deliver a cup of coffee and one bacon and one sausage sandwich to the vehicle each morning. She was there when I arrived in 1971 and when I left in 1973, her ablution facilities remain a mystery to this day. I'm sure others of the era might well remember it.

Smudge :ok:

PapaDolmio
12th Jan 2016, 21:08
Happened at Odiham shortly after the first SLAM blocks opened.

a1bill
12th Jan 2016, 22:03
"elite99 5 days ago
He has lived covert amongst the elite of the US military for 8 months without being detected.

SIGN HIM UP !! "

West Coast
13th Jan 2016, 00:10
Not uncommon. Enlisted continue to say in barracks after their contract is up.

Runaway Gun
13th Jan 2016, 07:35
I recall an 'Officer' being discovered on an NZ Army base, taking salutes and walking around, until the Base Commander queried why he wasn't being saluted...

AirtrackIdentFEnter
13th Jan 2016, 07:43
In the early 80s at Wattisham there was a female prostitute found to be living in one of the barrack blocks. Discovered in a broom cupboard during an inspection. Investigation found she had lived in the block for 3 years providing a 'service' to the 50 lads who shared the block. The young lady ate in the airmen's mess and slept with whomever required her 'services' during the night. Great skills by the lads;)

Whenurhappy
13th Jan 2016, 15:59
I recall an 'Officer' being discovered on an NZ Army base, taking salutes and walking around, until the Base Commander queried why he wasn't being saluted...

Was that in the early 1980s? I remember posters up in the guard too and in the Orderly Officer folder warning about some chap that posed as an officer, CAA examiner, US Coast Guard chap...I'm just trying to recall his name.

Stitchbitch
13th Jan 2016, 16:59
Was it Walter? ;).

When the mighty hov'vering war-budgie arrived at Cottesmore the TTTE squips told us something similar, but 'she' had been caught living in a room at the Sgts mess and making a very good living from the old slipper and pipe brigade. =p

racedo
13th Jan 2016, 17:13
Tis a long time ago but remember hearing in 70's of a Marine who managed to have his girlie afloat in pacific with him for 3-4 months before she was discovered. Journo at the time wondered how he had managed to do it in a ship full of other marines and get away with it.

Pontius Navigator
13th Jan 2016, 18:01
Racedo, everyone paired up?

Hat, coat, scarf ........

MAINJAFAD
13th Jan 2016, 18:50
There was a female prostitute that lived in one of the blocks at Cosford back in the 1980's as well so a story from that era went. As far most of the people not in the know where aware, she was one of the cleaners. She got caught in the end after she added stealing stuff from the occupants to her other activities.

NutLoose
13th Jan 2016, 19:06
There was a girl in the mid 70's at Odiham who used to do the rounds in the blocks, indeed if memory serves me correctly it was later found she was under age at 15 plus and a court case ensued, so much so the RAF had to provide a minibus to take all the lads to court.
I don't think anything came of it though and everyone was cleared as she was in the NAFF 1 unaccompanied ( min age 16 ) and picked up guys in the Disco ( min age 18 ) therefore everyone involved believed she was 18.
She was a raving nympho, I seem to remember it all came out because her parents had split and each thought she was at the others house, there was some trouble and the police asked her whereabouts, after her parents found out she was with neither she told the police she was in a block at Odiham on the night in question.
The guy involved nearly had heart failure when he was summoned to the guardroom to meet the plods with the girl now resplendent in school uniform, believe me she looked about 20 when I saw her in the discos and no I didn't before you ask.