PDA

View Full Version : Is the 12 month recency madatory for a job?

pa31t
2nd Jan 2016, 18:30
Does anyone know anything regarding the 12 month recency and which airlines dont have it as a requirement in the middle east?
Thanks in advance!

ironbutt57
3rd Jan 2016, 05:24
The employment application for most if not all major carriers begins online, and for sure their recency requirements are stated...as far as I have experienced, the answer to your question is "yes" however supply and demand may have changed things..

pa31t
3rd Jan 2016, 09:02
Thanks ironbutt57.
Any suggestion as to how can I bypass this requirement? I haven`t flown for 13 months now due to some family health issues and I want to get back in the game and start my life again.
Any leads and or suggestion would greatly appreciated!

ironbutt57
3rd Jan 2016, 10:13
get a sim proficiency check on the jet you're type-rated on...might help..

polax52
3rd Jan 2016, 11:04
Unfortunately it is not supply and demand that matters. In the case of Saudi Arabia it is the GACA which lays down the requirement for foreign pilots and not the Airline itself. This probably applies to other middle eastern countries. UAE regulation however does seem to be dictated by Emirates.

Southpole
3rd Jan 2016, 14:17
Get a sim LPC, you need one anyway.
Then refresh your knowledge on aviation in order to cope with some basic questions on an interview.

My suggestion would be to aim at those ****ty airlines ,is plenty out there, like small planet, air Baltic, vueling, and so on.. It depends if you are captain or first officer and previous experience. Once you get back aboard you send right away your cv at more serious places.

JAARule
4th Jan 2016, 09:38
Twelve months is the maximum I've ever heard of and that was KAL.

In my experience I've found it's usually six months recency employers are looking for - ie since the last flight, not simulator assessment.

120feet
4th Jan 2016, 13:35
EK will not hire you. Look for a freight dog job where they need you in the right seat for regulation purposes, and will give on the job training. Do that for 3-6 months then start shopping for the job you want. Good luck.

pa31t
10th Jan 2016, 18:14
Thanks guys for your help.
I guess taking a break from this job it is not a good thing lol....
Any leads towards those ****y freight dog job 120feet? If you know any PM me if you can. I will greatly appreciate!
Thanks again guys