PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Dubai: removals recommendations?

Dropp the Pilot
1st Jan 2016, 15:33
Recents posts have lauded Crown. Any other experiences gratefully received. Does the company cover everything?

Ivan aromer
1st Jan 2016, 16:57
We used Pickfords. Excellent.

777boyo
2nd Jan 2016, 01:03
Also used Allied Pickfords. Really good service both ends.

OnceBitten
2nd Jan 2016, 03:43
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Recommend Allied Pickford as well :ok:

SOPS
2nd Jan 2016, 06:58
I used Freightworks, excellent door to door.

Jolly Foreigner
3rd Jan 2016, 12:20
We used Allied Pickfords last summer. The English guy, Tom, who did the recce and was our point of contact was excellent, as were the guys who came to pack up our villa. However when it all arrived in the 'Free World', the Pickford's guys were not chuffed as some the boxes had been overloaded with respect to the health and safety regs this end; but they did a great job all in all.

drifter3
6th Jan 2016, 15:37
I am in the process of using Crown out of Dubai.
They told me the container would leave Dubai at the start of December. I had fully prepaid the entire move, but at the end of November they were desperate for me to pay some outstanding storage costs, that they actually sent a driver with a credit card machine out to my wife to pay. Everything owed was paid and they told me the ships name, date of departure and the arrival date at the end of December. It all sound fine.

Today, 6 th Jan, I got the first email from them saying my container was not of the ship they had agreed and in fact it still hasn't left Dubai. But they estimate arrival on the 13th Feb'16. Basically, I said this was unacceptable and now I have to rent 2 hotels rooms for 6 weeks for my family. They responded by saying they are not liable as per the terms and conditions.

Just to be clear, no delay was due to my lack of permits/papers/information/payment.

So now the excuses are coming fast via the emails and the different departments have different views.
Good luck on your choice

FuelFlow
7th Jan 2016, 14:00
Allied Pickfords is doing a great job! Container was packed on the 15th December, set sail on the 20th and is arriving in Durban tomorrow!
We should be unpacking on the 15th of Jan:D

Over
8th Jan 2016, 05:18
Used Interem to Oz in 2013.

Excellent. By far best quote, ie cheapest. Nothing broken, nothing stolen,. great packing, turned up on time and delivered on time.

All the staff helpful.

I've used Crown in the past from Oz toMiddle East, never again, no matter what they quote.

Good luck

halas
10th Jan 2016, 01:41
Used Crown 14 years ago to move here from BNE.
They sent the container to Durban.
Sounds like Dubai. :}
Two weeks of sleeping on the floor whilst waiting was not fun in July. :suspect:

halas