PDA

View Full Version : Bristow loses Chevron Contract in Australia

Brother
29th Dec 2015, 03:53
Bristow Australia has lost the Chevron Helicopter support contract after a 40 year relationship. It is believed that the contract has gone to Bond Helicopters Australia.

The new contract is for 2x AW139 aircraft for a 5 year period and will support production once the Gorgon Project finally comes on line. At the same time, the contract for running Barrow Island Airport will also transfer from Bristow to AMS.

ersa
29th Dec 2015, 03:59
Ha Ha, very funny, Now the margin has slipped in the oil world, those massive profits no longer exist ,stand by for Bond to clean up in Australia. I would be very worried if i was bristow.

The alleged rumour in Australia is Bond will run the spare 4 x S92 it has sitting in Brisbane instead , as I say its a rumour only

Variable Load
29th Dec 2015, 07:31
Ha Ha, very funny,

What's so funny? Oil companies screwing the margins out of the industry and pilots losing their livelihoods.

Yup, sounds hilarious. :D

Evil Twin
29th Dec 2015, 08:00
The alleged rumour in Australia is Bond will run the spare 4 x S92 it has sitting in Brisbane instead , as I say its a rumour only

Did the other two arrive then? Only ever seen two Bond S92's in Australia and never saw one turn a blade on revenue work.

ersa
29th Dec 2015, 08:10
Evil - No idea ....Just a rumour, I guess the 2 you have seen will in barrow shortly

Variable Load - Looks like the GA mentality has finally caught up with Offshore.

Frying Pan
29th Dec 2015, 08:52
Bond must be doing very well to have 4 'spare' S92s.....but this is a rumour network after all.

However, I have with my own eyes, seen a Bond S92 sitting dustily in a hangar at Caloundra, maybe they'll fire that one up? :ok:

NomadicMechanic
29th Dec 2015, 09:22
HeliHub Bond Helicopters Australia parks up another S92 (http://helihub.com/2015/12/10/bond-helicopters-australia-parks-up-another-s92/)

Kulwin Park
29th Dec 2015, 13:18
One thing to consider is that maybe the platforms and landing facilities for production may only suit a AW139 in the future. In terms of ground loading and platform weight, especially in terms of rotor diameter.

So saying they will S92s is a bit far fetched. Training the operators at one end to handle S92s, then changing to 139s and training operational perssonnel again seems a bit expensive and an oversight by many. Just thinking out aloud.

Cheers KP

Special 25
29th Dec 2015, 17:48
Do Babcock own the International Bond operations as well? Cant see them tolerating weak margins, parked aircraft and unprofitable contracts. Not known for building market share at any cost - Unlike some other North Sea operators!

minigundiplomat
29th Dec 2015, 19:04
Not known for building market share at any cost - Unlike some other North Sea operators!

Have they sold INAER?

Rigga
29th Dec 2015, 21:37
When I left BAS, two Inaer companies had been let go, in UK and Chile.
I'm not aware of any other Inaer companies being cut loose...that would rather spoil the idea if buying avinicis in the first place?

Brother
30th Dec 2015, 04:13
Do Babcock own the International Bond operations as well? Cant see them tolerating weak margins, parked aircraft and unprofitable contracts.

Yes, Babcock owns Bond Australia and Australian Helicopters.

Phil chopper
6th Jan 2016, 17:05
Hi,

Is it confirmed that the contract has gone to Bond Helicopters Australia?

Mark Six
6th Jan 2016, 19:51
Yes. All interested companies have informed their employees.

Phil chopper
7th Jan 2016, 07:26
Thanks Mark Six

terminus mos
7th Jan 2016, 11:29
Ersa is bang on the money.....

According to a BWI source, Bond will use 2x S-92s until the AW139s are available. S-92s at 139 rates can't be good for too long but better than having 92s parked idle.

Fareastdriver
7th Jan 2016, 14:45
Who would want to fly out of Barrow Island.

Mark Six
7th Jan 2016, 15:13
Bristow, Bond, CHC, HNZ, Toll, and Heli Union all bid on this contract. I'm sure all their respective employees who may be unemployed as a result of not winning it would be happy to fly out of Barrow.

Heliringer
7th Jan 2016, 21:16
"Who would want to fly out of Barrow Island"

People who don't want their homes repossessed maybe.
There are lots of jobs cuts coming here in the Australian offshore industry if things don't pick up and the onshore side of things is dire too.
Not a great time to be a pilot!

P2bleed
13th Jan 2016, 12:22
It will be interesting to see if they can produce the crews to meet the contract requirements etc.

Brother
13th Jan 2016, 12:50
It will be interesting to see if they can produce the crews to meet the contract requirements etc.

Shouldn't be too hard. Bristow will be letting some go mid year when their tenure of Chevron finishes. Shame its LIFO, they have some talented younger pilots who have joined recently and been trained on 225 and 92.

Luckily they have BP coming on line soon and Inpex is still busy in Broome.