PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Opted back in Ek accommodation

inverter
17th Dec 2015, 17:21
Guys, Gals.
any info on opting back into the Co provided accommodation for pilots?
is it possible or its a big no no.
please share your experience before I put myself thru the process.
INV

Schnowzer
18th Dec 2015, 07:44
Not sure you can unless you were forced to take the allowance due to zippo housing.

BigGeordie
18th Dec 2015, 12:54
It has been done before but very much on a case by case basis- this was years ago when the company was a bit more friendly to the employees and rents were going up at a huge rate.

You would need to have a very good reason (marriage/divorce/baby aren't good enough apparently) and start with a letter to your fleet manager. Be ready for a firm "No" though. The people I have heard about being allowed to move back in (and I don't know of any personally) have basically gone into the office with a request to move back in in one hand and a resignation letter in the other- and been in a situation where they were quite prepared to hand over either.

Interestingly, the cabin crew are allowed to move back in. Go figure.

givemewings
18th Dec 2015, 17:21
I think you'll find the CC have a similar time of it as well. The only cases I know of are when there were issues with death of a spouse or a divorce (domestic abuse case). As the CC salary is almost always not enough to rent alone, this would be probably why some have been allowed back in after opting out. It does not happen as often as you think though...