PDA

View Full Version : EK Pilots

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 09:31
Guys just wandering why there is so many unhappy ek pilots in this forum. Middle east forum is full of you guys talking bad about your company. Seriously if you dont like the company why dont you just leave rather than talking bad about it.

Just wandering :rolleyes:

fliion
17th Dec 2015, 09:35
Since when are people not leaving?

Just wandering.

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 09:39
agree with you but i meant to the people who are still in the company enjoying the benefits yet complaining for each and everything (roster, leave, provident fund n etc).

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 09:43
@seaman why if someone support the company must be from the management or a troll? yes im not from ek but just wandering why u guys complaints so much yet still in the company

Fack5
17th Dec 2015, 10:46
Why the **** should WE be the ones to leave, we're not the ones screwing up the company. People complain here hoping it'll force the cretins out into the light; those cretins who are driving this place to low position on the scale of places to work. As a management troll I'm guessing you'd be one of those cretins.

BigGeordie
17th Dec 2015, 11:05
Actually I think it is a fair question but a couple of minutes reading this forum will reveal a multitude of answers without having to ask again.

SOPS
17th Dec 2015, 11:08
I get it. Get some office person, who is wandering to Costa, to post drivel.

We already have another poster saying...if you don't like the jewel in the Crown airline leave.....seems that the trolls are getting worse.

For the rest of you, have a great Christmas. I'm doing my first one at home for 15 years, and it's very nice.

Fly safe guys, don't let them run you into the ground. Your health and life is not worth it.

To all of you, have a great New Year. :ok:

ClassCbird
17th Dec 2015, 11:25
FlyingPilot...Some of us would leave if we could get more than 2 days off to find another job!

GoreTex
17th Dec 2015, 11:35
actually I am leaving, you can take my spot and then complain here

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 12:01
@fack5 do u think by posting all your craps in here will make any different to them. I think they will be laughing by reading all your post and say "this jokers got no other better work".

@SOPS have a merry christmas and a happy new year

@ClassCbird if you guys really want to leave. MC is always an option if you dont get the off. When there is a will, there is a way

@GoreTex maybe soon i will but i will not complaint in pprune about the company.

falconeasydriver
17th Dec 2015, 12:06
Flying pilot, I did leave, I grew tired of the continual lies, the constant denigration of flight crew and borderline sociopathic behaviour of fleet, flight ops and commercial management, all washed down with a dose of 20/20 hindsight and punitive mindset, which is used to justify incompetence and idiotic knee-jerk policy decisions taken by individuals whom in the real world wouldn't be put in charge of a lemonade stand.
All that coupled with having to be constantly aware that any issue no matter how trivial or minor can escalate and cause life changing events with respect to your career, your family and potentially your health.
Other than that, it's all sweetness and light, so nothing to complain about habibi.

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 12:20
@falconeasydriver i guess u made a good choice. I totally agree with everything you said. my question was, no company in this world are perfect. Everyone has their own problem but why only EK pilots seems to react like they are working with the worst company in the world.

falconeasydriver
17th Dec 2015, 12:36
Flyingpilot, the point of this is not that crew want EK to be perfect, that's unrealistic, but it's the little things that make a huge difference and those little things along with some quite big things are constantly being eroded, removed or worse in the never ending quest by a select few to feather their own nests. Along the path of this quest people who are invested at EK with respect to not just a job, but with their families and their immediate future feel betrayed. These employees feel marginalised and devalued as they have been lied too so often that the only way many of them have any recourse is to put accurate and pertinent information out there via various means to warn the next generation of victims of the fate that potentially awaits them.
EK pilots as a group are not a miserable negative bunch, their attitude is merely reflective of the quality of management they have to endure.
If you are unable to identify this common thread amongst all the accurate info posted on here, then you are either a fool or a management troll, either way EK are doing their best to alienate their greatest asset, their staff.

if only all the unhappy pilots approached the management together and tell them whats wrong and make efforts to solve it out.

Hmmm the quickest way to get fired thanks to the toxic management mindset at EK and its inability to accept critical feedback due to cultural and competence issues.

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 12:44
@aiza i think they only dare to talk using anonymous nicknames rather than talk to the necessary people straight.

@falconeasydriver maybe i'm a fool, but these forum are not even making any impact for the "NEXT GEN". If im not mistaken, EK is having interview twice a week and average of 20 people during one session. So who is the fool here, the "NEXT GEN" or the people whining like a girl in this pprune. (no offense guys)

falconeasydriver
17th Dec 2015, 12:53
Then join and enjoy Flyingpilot, you sound like the perfect candidate.
Based on your responses I'm guessing you are likely not from a first world country, in which case EK probably seems like heaven, many however currently at EK are from first world countries and they have higher expectations of the people they work for.
Goodluck.

BigGeordie
17th Dec 2015, 12:57
Aida, what you are referring to is commonly known as a union and they are illegal here. Which is one reason the management remain completely unresponsive to helpful suggestions. They know there is nothing we can do except leave so why try to change things?

ExDubai
17th Dec 2015, 13:00
agree with you but i meant to the people who are still in the company enjoying the benefits yet complaining for each and everything (roster, leave, provident fund n etc).
I see, they just enjoy the "benefits" and do not work hard for them...... :E

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 13:08
@falconeasydriver you are right, maybe i'm not from first world country but most of the new recruits for EK are from first world countries. not sure if they change themselves to 2nd/3rd world country people or the company improved to 1st world.

@natops i dont want to waste my time coz as @falconeasydriver said, maybe EK prefer 1st world country guys who only good at complaining in the virtual world rather than real one and still stay with the same company

ExDubai
17th Dec 2015, 13:10
if only all the unhappy pilots approached the management together and tell them whats wrong and make efforts to solve it out.

Do you really believe that would solve they issues? According to my experience I doubt this. But like a wise man said "I have a dream......"

allaru
17th Dec 2015, 16:42
"Just leave rather than talking bad about it".....yes we'll all go 'wandering' off to make room for jerks like you.

TangoUniform
17th Dec 2015, 18:18
Just wandering here, how does flyingpilot know where most of the new recruits come from? :confused: That is, unless he sees them from his seat in Costa.

GoreTex
17th Dec 2015, 18:29
and I "wander" where flyingpilot89 learned english? :p

ExDubai
17th Dec 2015, 18:42
@Aiza
No I don't remember, I left EK 2012 and Dubai 2013. But I do remember the treatment of workers which started fighting for their rights. And the same thing would happen with pilots. Termination of employment, Visa cancelation within hours, Bank accounts and Creditcards frozen within a minute and security cheques bouncing. Worst case would be that the family is still in DXB

Edit: I had the "dubious honor" to bring a couple of those people back to their home country.

nolimitholdem
17th Dec 2015, 18:59
Hey flyingpilot89 and aiza:

If you can ask why people who complain about EK don't leave, I guess we can ask why people like you who think it's great don't join, and show how it's done? Lead by example? Hurry up and get hired and start a union drive!

Oh that's right...you couldn't qualify or pass the selection. So really, your comments are just silly envy of what you can't have.

Or, more likely just a simple troll whiling away the hours at Costa.

You'll have to try harder than that though. The "don't like it - leave" meme is coming true a little too often these days hahahah!

Qwerti
17th Dec 2015, 21:14
Definitely a 4. Nothing more, nothing less. :E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg0fmaCSDPg

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 22:45
@aiza well said. these people are just good in talking as anonymous

@tangouniform i knew because few of my friend who went and join there told me this.

@goretex @qwerti owh sorry guys, english is not my 1st language so i do make some mistakes while typing.(nobody is perfect) Apologies for the error, it suppose to be "wondering" or "wonder" rather than the one you guys trolling here.

@nolimitholdem sorry man, EK is not the type of company i want. Not because of the company but the bad vibes the pilots are having. you guys must have your own brain to think how to get rid of this problems rather than asking us to come and lead u.

ExDubai
17th Dec 2015, 23:47
aiza well said. these people are just good in talking as anonymous

Sorry to say but this is BS.

flyingpilot89
17th Dec 2015, 23:56
@exdubai u might find it as BS but sorry to say it is the fact. They are too scared that they might get the "warning letter" or worse case is get sacked if they voice out with their real identity.

Rather Be Skiing
18th Dec 2015, 04:20
@exdubai u might find it as BS but sorry to say it is the fact. They are too scared that they might get the "warning letter" or worse case is get sacked if they voice out with their real identity.

And your name is?

SOPS
18th Dec 2015, 04:30
For someone that claims to have no interest in EK, flying pilot seems to have an unhealthy interest in EK.

Dropp the Pilot
18th Dec 2015, 04:46
For someone who claims to be retired......

V1cutz
18th Dec 2015, 05:46
It's obvious Flyingpilot is off his meds so why even entertain is "management" backed posts?

V1cutz
18th Dec 2015, 05:48
Aiza...Thank goodness you aren't interested! One less troll to worry about having to sit next to for hours at a time.

V1cutz
18th Dec 2015, 06:39
That was your best and most intelligent post yet! You are 100% correct! I'm on the Boeing, so you wouldn't be sitting next to a bus driver. Now go along and play with the other children.

ruserious
18th Dec 2015, 08:07
https://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/not-sure-if-troll.png

donpizmeov
18th Dec 2015, 08:48
Fellas you are arguing with Air Arabia MPLs! Save your breath.

MosEisley
18th Dec 2015, 09:43
@flying, even if you were interested, I wouldn't bother applying, EK requires level 4 Englsh proficiency.

flyingpilot89
18th Dec 2015, 12:45
@moseisley first get your sentence right bro. Guess your english is worse than mine. Hahahaha

@aiza they are not professional pilots. They are EK PILOTS. Who are only good at whining and complaining. I feel bad for them. Haha

flyingpilot89
18th Dec 2015, 13:19
@ratherbeskiing my name is Lee.You mind saying you're actual name and post in EK? (If u dare) :O

@sops I'm just interested to know why u guys whining so much like a girl who is having her pms( no offense to gals). All the other pilots in Middle East are not as bad as u guys. Except one which I'm not sure coz it's prohibited.

falconeasydriver
18th Dec 2015, 13:46
This message is hidden because flyingpilot89 is on your ignore list.

Ahhhh, and in conclusion,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin

V1cutz
18th Dec 2015, 14:28
I have seen some stupid posts on this forum, but you two, FP89 and Aiza, have surely risen to the top of the list. You two a couple or something?

flyingpilot89
18th Dec 2015, 14:59
@falconeasydriver not sure who is the idiot here. Me or u guys.

@v1cuts try to read the comments back bro. You can see who is stupid here.

@EY_a330 wow u sound more like ek pilot than ey. Good point on the 3rd world country though. But unfortunately im not from one of the 3rd world country. But atleast 3rd world country pilot can work in their country. Not like u 1st world guys, who are rejected by their own country and find job all over the world. Guess no different between u guys and syrians. Kinda refugee status but with a better lifestyle.

Fire Ball XL5
18th Dec 2015, 15:03
EY... Great post. Sorry that so many have fed the troll that started this thread... but I understand the passion for the responses... and to a certain extent, the ignorance and inexperience from which this initial post was made... Halas.
FB

ExDubai
18th Dec 2015, 15:15
but our cabin crew look much nicer in their new uniforms than yours :p

As you know, pics or it didn't happen ;)

alwayzinit
18th Dec 2015, 15:17
Ok I'll bite.

For the trolls out there and any office lurkers.

EK used to be one of the very best Expat flying jobs out there, the recruitment teams were snowed under with applications from pilots who made the original selection criteria. Generally because they had mates flying for EK telling them to come onboard. We flew reasonable rosters with sensible recovery periods, there were no manual insertions, no max days off per month. We were paid a fair remuneration. We got our contracted 42 days leave per year.
In short we had something called Quality of Life and EK had free recruitment advertising via the contacts its' pilots had.

Now things have changed, there is no quality of life, we have ( in real terms) had a pay cut of some 40+% in purchasing power due to well below inflation or no pay rises.
Rostered hours, though recently lowered are still way too high with way too many flip flop day / night duties that completely screw your whole body.
EK seem unable to get us our contracted leave, hiding their failure behind UAE laws that do not apply.

Now the unbelievable irony is having been grateful for the ability to pick and choose from the applicants who made the experience filters due mainly to personal recommendations, EK are trying to blame those of us stuck here for having the audacity to tell the truth.

Think that covers it!

MosEisley
18th Dec 2015, 15:57
@flying

First, I'm not your bro.

Second, you could never work here (thank god).

Third, go f*ck yourself.

Did you understand all of that?

flyingpilot89
18th Dec 2015, 16:24
@alwayzinit finally a wise and reasonable answer. Respect u.

@ey_a330 that is totally not true. U guys can't just go back and get a pilot job just like that in your home country. Thats y most of the 1st world country pilot are working overseas. Thats the fact. Sorry if i hurt anyone by mentioning about syria.

@moseisley you must be the most idiotic pilot in pprune. 1st of all i tried to be nice by calling u bro. Clearly its a mistake. 2nd i would definitely dont wana work in a place wer an idiot like u working. 3rd guess u should do that rather than askinng me to do so. Cheers

falconeasydriver
18th Dec 2015, 16:33
Now the unbelievable irony is having been grateful for the ability to pick and choose from the applicants who made the experience filters due mainly to personal recommendations, EK are trying to blame those of us stuck here for having the audacity to tell the truth.

And therein lies the rub with the situation as I up until about 6 months ago, saw it first hand.
The various minions in various departments are way too busy covering their arses, feathering their nests and of course building their empires. The immediate superiors of these minions are either too stupid, incompetent, malevolent and likely disengaged from reality to have any real idea of the feelings of the troops on the shop floor. This reality is further reinforced by a sense of self preservation, particularly in the case of expat management types thanks to EK being the goose that lays their golden egg, and remains as such until either one of their buckets fills up. These mid level types also have an obsessive desire too not rock the boat, lest they upset one of the volatile and well married locals.
So, given enough time, small issues become larger issues, recruitment, retention, and engagement plummet amongst operational staff which leads to less experienced people making poor decisions and an inevitable crisis of one form or another.
If you keep cutting corners pretty soon you have no where else to cut which leads to leave not being awarded, manual insertions, roster rules being violated and "exceptional circumstances" being considered normal. EK can no longer attract quality people in any quantity from quality organisations.
This all brings us back to where EK is failing staff; flight-crew for their part at EK tend to be well educated critical thinking individuals. Most take pride in getting the job done to the best of their abilities, typically they have 1st world attitudes to employment conditions and can smell BS a mile away, they are the polar opposite of what various levels in EK desire them to be. This 1st world attitude for the most part means the individuals and the team place flight safety above all else, it means for the most part they are not cowed or bullied into compromising their standards, it also means that when things are on a down hill slope they aren't shy about pointing out a few home truths.
I no longer have a horse in this race, but EK is presently a only few furlongs short of Gulf Air Mk2.
It's all sadly now from what I can see and am told becoming an increasingly accelerating self fulfilled prophecy, I'd NEVER recommend a job at EK to anyone in its present state.

MosEisley
18th Dec 2015, 18:18
@flying

I think you claimed the idiot award with your Syria reference and broken text style English, you ridiculous f*ckwit. Please do not come here, I'm tired of teaching guys like you how to fly.

Now go away, I'm done with you.

ExDubai
18th Dec 2015, 18:54
Why don't you Write reports / letters to your management about fatigue / conditions.

You think they would fire all of you, unless you the "unhappy pilots" were a very tiny group.

Believe it or not, the problems are well known in the castle. Everybody is trying to cover his axx....... as usual.

Kennytheking
18th Dec 2015, 23:20
flyingpilot89,

Seriously if you dont like the company why dont you just leave rather than talking bad about it.

Seriously, if you don't like what you read here on pprune you should rather leave and find some other site to hang out.

flyingpilot89
19th Dec 2015, 03:54
@kennytheking fyi pprune is not specially for ek pilots

@ey330 im not sure which country u from but most of friends is struggling to go back due to lack of opportunities back in their 1st world country.

@moseisley i would rather quit flying than learning from an idiotic person like u.

saam
19th Dec 2015, 05:01
Any one knows the recruiting email please, applying through the web site is not working, and I have only 1 questions to ask, not really applying.